GTlife screen room for more features?

• Thread starter 3thanol
  • 19 comments
Lotzo_25
GT5menu.jpg

As can be seen from the above image there are some empty locations on the GT Life screen, what do you think or what would you like these to be filled with?

I know PD have added to this screen from when GT5 1st come out, so is not impossible to add further features.

I wonder if something like Power/speed test maybe inserted into the smaller location.

What are your thoughts?

There's some more space above 'Open Lobby' :)

I wouldn't put too much thought in it

There's some more space above 'Open Lobby' :)

I wouldn't put too much thought in it

Ha. True. A "power/speed test" icon is a total possibility (GT4 transfer) and would be welcomed, but, man, I just don't see those spots filling up for awhile (if ever).

I'm trying to think of another icon that we could use...but everything is more streamlined in GT5 than the "all over the place" menu style of GT4...I can't think of anything that would take you someplace that you can't already get to. Ummmmm...I think we will most def see an icon pop up somewhere for DLC content (whenever that is finally added). That's what I put my money on.

Last edited:
if it ever happens (which it will ) there'll be a link to the store for dlc in one of those gaps, i cant see them adding in more modes to be honest, it kind of makes me think they'll have accepted it wasn't the best they could do with their tremendous time between games

On the right side of the Gt screen is even more space, for icons like the Open lobby etc etc.

Please let them use up that space!

I have a space in the middle of my living room and seating arranged around the edges.

I'm not going to fill the gap with more seating... :D

I say they fill the space with an "Open Track Day" mode. I'd love to see 30-so cars of varying performance (from Yari to Ferraris) scattered about the track, and they'd all obey track day etiquette. Take any car out there, have a good time... This would be especially good on the 'Ring :)

We'll have to wait and see. However, you don't want to make the GT Life screen too full of windows otherwise it would make it look to cluttered and confusing.

I wanted to bump this thread as I was thinking about the space in the bottom right of the picture in the OP.

Will that be filled I wonder?

I wanted to bump this thread as I was thinking about the space in the bottom right of the picture in the OP.

Will that be filled I wonder?

Well, I will say that it seems kind of strange for PDI to crop the "Photo Travel" icon if they don't have something destined to utilize the space. I would assume they would just let it flow across like the "Tuning Shop" icon if they didn't need the real estate.

Funny. You could all get jobs at Microsoft. Apple? I don't think so.

I'm not quite sure what it is your comment is trying to construe. Please, elaborate.

Well, I will say that it seems kind of strange for PDI to crop the "Photo Travel" icon if they don't have something destined to utilize the space. I would assume they would just let it flow across like the "Tuning Shop" icon if they didn't need the real estate.

I agree.

I believe they always had plans to put the speed test icon in (obviously not in the OP picture), which goes to completing the 'rectangular' display. If they wrap 'Car Delivery' could they squeeze something in there also?

If they wrap 'Car Delivery' could they squeeze something in there also?

They probably could fit something else in there if they word wrapped 'Car Delivery' but you think they would have done that sooner than later if plans existed. Also perhaps the gap in the lower right is intentional, not as vacant space for future content, but as a design element to compliment the rectangular void left below the 'Speed Test' icon.

Well now we only need to find something in the right corner to fill.

I'd say that would be "current car settings".
I hate when I have to browse the whole list just to get to the car I'm using for tuning.

Back