(GTOR) Gran Turismo Touring Car Champonship Media thread

Race Preview
---------------------------------------------------

big-willow-map.jpg

The Willow Springs International Raceway is set deep in the Californian desert. It may look a simple layout but it is very complexed in the drivers seat.

willow-springs-international-raceway-photo-559019-s-1280x782.jpg

"The Fastest Road in the West"

Just as it says.

We heard from a few of the drivers.

True
"This is a very fast track and it is very difficult. I think a few mistakes are going to be made here, and it will require a vast amount of concentration from all of the drivers to keep their cars on the track."

Mikey
"With the amount of decent drivers on the grid, I am sure that we can keep it clean but some of us can lose our cool and maybe a little action can start happening, maybe a few offs or comings together but I am sure that we can keep it clean."

Ninja
"After testing at this track I can fully say that my straight line speed can really pose as an advantage here with the long straights full-throttle areas, I will possibly struggle in sector 2 where all of the corners are, and that is where the Suzuki's of ABP and Smith, the Ford's and Honda's will most certainly catch up to me."

The GTTCC crew head to Willow Springs for round 2 of the inaugural season. Where it will be held on Wednesday 17th September 2014.

Be sure to watch the highlights presented by NinjaEvo, or 'GTTCC - Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship' on YouTube with the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GTTCC

See you on the track!

GTTCC Race Review

Well here we are finally the first race of the championship behind us. Three different winners three very different races on one track. We had single car teams beating on teams with full rosters, teams finishing 1, 2 on the podium,& lots of close battles. But lets get down to the review.

Let The Games Begin

Everyone lined up on pit road for the first qualifying session of the season. After the 10 minute practice session A. Block (@ABP) was fastsest with a 1:22.369.

We asked him what it meant to him to be the first driver to claim the pole for the opening race of the season. Here's what he had to say:

"It means a lot to my team,& I that we got the first pole ever. This Suzuki is a rocket in the corners. I'm really impressed on how well the car drove. It definetly says a lot about the people on this team,& the people making Suzuki's in the factory."

Now onto the race at hand. With everyone at the starting line it was time for the season to start. Who would be the first to win a race?

Things got crazy in the first corner with Block getting shuffled back to the tailend of the pack. Didn't take him long however to get back to a podium spot.

Finally it was F. Emo (@FaithlessEmo) who managed to get the checkers for the first race of the season with O. Stig (@sibbystiggy) following 3 seconds behind in 2nd. Another 20 seconds later Emo's teammate & inaugural pole winner A. Block finished third.

Here are the official results of Race 1:

1. FaithlessEmo
2. TheOldStig
3. A-B-P
4. True-blue-8
5. mikey_2412
6. allstarjimmmy (I)
7. NinjitsuEvolved
8. Smith1001 (I)
9. yuc2002 (I)

"Speed I Am Speed"

Now its time to find out who really is the fastest at getting around the track. The drivers took to the track for the third time in 2 days. Once again it was Block taking the first Super Pole of the series,& season. Once again we talked to him about winning the pole.

Here's what he said:
"Wow I didn't think after getting that power reduction for finishing 3rd yesterday I would even have a shot at the Super Pole. Again I gotta thank the Swift Autosport team for putting together another great car today. Hopefully the race result will be just as great."

With Block on the pole, Stig starting 2nd,& Emo starting third it was time to start the second race. The second race started okay a little trouble in the first set of S curves. T. Blue (@DirtyNurbKing58), & one other driver were seen going off the track in the first part of the S curves.

The race ran pretty clean until A. Jimmmy (@Matt tiff),& S. Smith got into a heated battle for the 7th spot. Jimmmy bumped Smith off the track coming out of the second set of S curves. Smith then returned the favor by blocking him down the straight away. The stewards did talk to both drivers after the race about the incident. No penalties were handed down but both drivers were warned.

During the pit window the lineup go extremely juggled around. With one lap before the pits closed it was Smith, Block,& Emo running 1, 2, 3 for Swift Autosport. Sadly Smith hadn't pit yet so that meant this would have to be a flawless pit stop done by the #9 team.

Smith made his way down pit row at a cool 55 MPH/85 KPH. Made it to his pit box no problems his 2 teammates coming fast. The team started the pit stop but the jacks didn't deploy so that cost him some time. Which meant he would come out of the pits in 5th position but Jimmmy was hot on his tail as well as the lone Volkswagen.

By the time the white flag came out it was just Jimmmy,& Smith fighting for the 6th spot the Volkswagen was long gone. Smith tried everything in his power to get the extra points but he didn't have anything for Jimmmy in the Renault.

Back at the front of the pack it was Block all by himself in the first position followed by his Swift Autosport teammate in second, & Stig in third.

Here are the official results for race 2:

1. A-B-P
2. FaithlessEmo
3. TheOldStig
4. NinjitsuEvolved
5. allstarjimmmy (I)
6. Smith1001 (I)
7. yuc2002 (Transmission) (I)
8. mikey_2412 (Suspension)
9. True-blue-8 (Motor)

Short "Circuit"

Day 3 of the race weekend. Today's the day where the drivers who were a little slower than everyone else in the first 2 races get a chance at the win. With T. Blue,& M. Mikey (@1996mikey2412) having mechanical failures yesterday in race 2 they would start on the front row with S. Smith,& A. Jimmmy starting in row 2. This race is half the number of laps than the first 2 races. With that said lets get to the race.

Sadly there isn't much to be reported on the third race. Mikey started on the front row & pretty much dominated the race by leading every lap.

Here are the results for the final race of the weekend:

1. mikey_2412
2. True-blue-8
3. FaithlessEmo
4. A-B-P
5. TheOldStig
6. allstarjimmmy (I)
7. NinjitsuEvolved
8. yuc2002 (I)
9. Smith1001 (I)

Closing Thoughts & Next Week Predictions

Well this is the part of the review where I give my thoughts about the races we just finished & I give my prediction on who will win Pole, Super Pole, & The races. Now let's get started.

I'd like to open my closing thought by saying those were some intense races on a very tricky track. I didn't expect to see any team pull off a 1, 2 finish this early in the season let alone in the second race of season.

I think A. Block,& F. Emo will battle like that all season. The question is though being teammates will it cause a problem? I think it might especially if Stig,& Mikey keep racing the way they are.

That independents championship is very close as well. 8 points separate 1st from second then another 2 points is 3rd. I'd like to see those three bring that battle to the track. Maybe a couple of taps in the corner to get that extra point.

Now onto my predictions for week 2. Here they are:

Pole: T. Blue
Race 1: O. Stig
Podium: M. Mikey, F. Emo
Fast Lap: A. Block

Super Pole: A. Block
Race 2: A. Block
Podium: T. Blue, O. Stig
Fast Lap: F. Emo

Race 3: A. Jimmmy
Podium: F. Emo, A. Block
Fast Lap: T. Blue

RACE PREVIEW

---------------------------------------

Matterhorn, Dristelen Circuit

---------------------------------------

Matterhorn is located high up in the Swiss Alps. Being a lone ski resort, Matterhorn does not have much publicity. Nearby, there is a racing complex, partially made up by local roads. Once a year the roads are closed for a local motorbike race at the circuit, but this year... GTTCC HAS COME TO TOWN!

The 14 drivers of the championship have already arrived to fill the hotel in the ski town. With high alttitude the circuit will be difficult to navigate for the drivers - a real challenge.

The GTTCC will use the Dristelen layout of the circuit at the south end, the furthest away from the resort.

There is a steep hill down to turn 1 from the start/finish line, then the drivers will race slowly back up the hill to turn 3, a left-hand hairpin which situates on a hill ankle. The circuit then swoops down to the right and then a left kink of turn 5 and rush down the hill into turn 6, the hardest braking point on the circuit where many drivers have outbraked themselves and totalled their cars at the concrete barrier. Turn 7 is a double apex, forcing drivers to go out wide and slide to the inside to avoid the wall on the outside of the exit. Then there is a quick left-right flick and back to the start/finish line.

You were stupidly quick! Like, that pole lap was ballistically fast!
the night before I set that .5 but never thought i'd get it again. .7 maybe but not 5. I was shocked it was 1.5 seconds faster than ABP lol

Will send you my set up if you want? Not sure if it helps much but worth a shot

Latest Posts

Back