GTP 2006 Movie of the Year Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vonie
  • 29 comments
  • 1,558 views

GTP's Movie of the Year?


  • Total voters
    52
  • Poll closed .
Messages
3,879
Messages
thevonsteinery
motybannervw2.jpg



Ok, multiple-choice, so vote for as many as you want, but be sure that they deserve the title as best movie of the year.
The top 10 will get into their own poll in a week's time.


GO!
​
 
i have only seen a few of those movies. i gotta check out the others.
 
I haven't seen 16 of the movies, but for me, the best is The Departed, followed by Little Miss Sunshine, then Inside Man. The acting in The Departed was phenomenal. Makes me like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Borat gets an honorable mention for being the funniest movie of the 21st century in my books.
 
Voted Clerks 2. Had to decide between that and Snakes On a Plane though :indiff:.
 
I really only voted for V for Vendetta, as I really didn't feel like there were that many overwhelmingly spectacular movies to debut this year. Of all listed there, V made the cut simply because it not only is interesting and entertaining, it is indeed thought-provoking no matter what your political beliefs may be.

It is easily my favorite movie from 2006 by quite a large margin. Although other movies like Clerks II and Borat deserve their awards as well, V still comes off as a winner to me.
 
I've got a feeling the best film of the year will imo be Blood diamond, it's out now in America (came out last month) but not over here until mid-January so that may well get my nomination next year. A friend of mine has seen it while he was on holliday, he said it was awesome.
 
Voted for:

Borat - I was almost crying in laughter at that fight scene..
Casino Royale - Daniel Craig produces a Royale Flush in this film (See what I did there?), story is great and it's nice to see a different type of Bond once again.
Talledega Nights - My favourite comedy of the year, I'm a big fan of Will Ferrell and he shines in this one. The knife scene is one of the funniest, if not the funniest, scene in this century.
The Departed - The rebirth of Leo? I think so, great film and great acting. Jack Nicolson kinda scared me though..
United 93 - Controversial but considering the movies is full of unknowns, it's brilliantly acted.
 
VoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVoteVote
 
Lucky Number Slevin was great. It got my one and only vote.
 
etoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoVetoV
 
Veto? :lol:

Anyways, I voted for Talladega Nights, Cars, Clerks II and Rocky Balboa. I would have voted Snakes on a Plane, but being such an incredibly bad movie that it is actually very good does not actually make it good.
 
I'm gonna wait 'til this weekend is over to vote, in case I check out any movies. I still really want to see The Departed and Children of Men, so I'll see if I can fit them in.
 
Why is it that some members vote twice, for two different movies?

It's a multiple choice poll, so why not? You can vote for best comedy and best dram and best whatever, or just vote more than once if you cannot decide.
 
Snakes on a plane FTMFW!
It was so cheesy it was awesome. Plus it has the best quote I've heard in a while in it too.;)
 
Voted Casino Royale and the Departed 👍 .. both awesome movies :)

Best movie of the past few years for me was Cinderella man with Russell Crowe 👍 thats gonna be hard to top for any movie nowadays without digging out an old classic ;)
 
I see that nobody wants to own up to voting for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest So I will as out of all those films its the only one I've seen :D
 
You know what? I read through that list and couldn't think of a single movie I was particularly interested in seeing.
 
I've got a feeling the best film of the year will imo be Blood diamond, it's out now in America (came out last month) but not over here until mid-January so that may well get my nomination next year. A friend of mine has seen it while he was on holliday, he said it was awesome.

Yeah, it came out in Australia a few days ago and I absolutely loved it. Best movie I’ve seen for a long while!
 
At first the results looked like a lot of premium members were voting, but I realized most of the red text was DQ. :dopey:
 
You know what? I read through that list and couldn't think of a single movie I was particularly interested in seeing.

So why didn't you nominate one that you thought was good?
 
Of course Clerks 2. Well, V for Vendetta was also a good one. But I'm more a comedy guy but I never saw the majority of the films on there
 
That's that, top 10 to go up soon.
 
I wish Pan's Labyrinth was on the list, I guess no one saw it, it was limited release only at the very end of 2006...
 
Back