• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @SomePlayaDude

12th - 18th century Ninja

motnmain_resized.jpg

When i mean ninjas, i mean spies and assassins for their lords. The ones you see in things like Mortal Kombat and Naruto with their magic and special skill crap really aren't what i had in mind when i define ninjas.

Mark Of The Ninja is made by Klei Entertainment, all rights are reserved.

Batman before Batman.

James Bond before James Bond.

Special Ops before Special Ops.

Also:

Orcs before Orcs. See also Highly Visible Ninja.

And generally over-rated by guys everywhere.

Seriously Uncool, unless Hattori Hanzo.

SZ : The old Japanese movies about ninjas, back in the 60's to 80's were the best years ( more about authenticity ). Recent movies like Azumi ( 2003 - directed by Ryuhei Kitamura ) and Goemon ( 2009 ) are not bad either.

Don't watch western depiction of ninjas, they are badly presented.

LEGO_ninjago_REBOOTED.png

Yes, masters of spinjitzu.

Ninjas are so uncool that Lego makes up words to describe what they are.

Seriously Uncool

On one hand, I'm sure Japanese Security Agency today could learn from these guys. On the other hand, job description of shinobi did include infiltrating & screwing the peasants, too. It's a no vote from me.

Am I the only one who fails to get the round out concept?

Not only you. It's like comparing a perfectly ripe peach to a durin fruit. How could they ever balance out to a "meh" flavor?

And how can you(yea you Roger) be so certain that ~1800 saw the last of the Ninja's? Do we know for sure that they don't exist today? I think they do.
Ninja's for the sake of their original ninjaness - SZ

Not sure what to vote.

Real Shinobi. SZ. Hollywood Ninja. SU.

The funny thing is they weren't stupid. They dressed for the job so you wouldn't even see the stereotypical black pyjamas unless it was a mission somewhere dark.

The only fictional* shinobi that is actually cool would be Sarutobi Sasuke because the stories of Osaka castle are pretty exciting.
And I think the only exagerated story that is acceptable in my book would be that of Goemon Ishikawa.

*Some put in a case that he was real although many believe he wasn't.

And your dates are dubious. They may have existed in small numbers at other times but their widespread use was mostly confined to the Sengoku period.

Last edited:
Back