• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @haitch40

Miyamoto Musashi

640px-Musashi_ts_pic.jpg

Or for a more modern computer generated version.
r02.jpg

The above is from Yakuza Kenzan. (Only released in Japan.)

Anyway facts.
Born. 1584 Japan. (Although there is a little conflicting evidence on this date.)
Died 1645 in a cave called Reigandō on Kyushu.

His life.
Fought and won his first duel aged 13. Even though his father tried to get him out of it due to his age.
May or may not have fought at Sekigahara (aged 16) and the siege of Osaka castle. Evidence is conflicting.
Most famous duel was that with Sasaki Korjiro. At the time a famous swordsman whom he won a sword fight against using a rowing paddle. Sasaki used a nodachi which is basically a long katana.
Wrote Go Rin No Sho or in English, The Book of Five Rings. If you have practiced martial arts then you may have heard of it or even read it.
Never lost a duel.
Iron Maiden wrote a song about him called Sun and Steel.
Quite popular in Japanese media from what I have gathered with references to him in everything down to Pokemon. (In the Japanese language versions.)

And please. Judge the man not the fact that @haitch40 loves him. Or does @haitch40 make up the equivalent of Justin Bieber's fan base?

Well, this is a no-brainer. He defied his father; won a duel aged 13; beat another swordsman with a paddle; wrote a martial arts book; Iron Maiden wrote a song about him.

And to top it all off: he never lost a duel and became the old Japanese version of Kazuma Kiryu. Really, anything less than a Sub-zero would be insulting to such a legend. :bowdown:

Sunlight falling on your steel. Death in life is your ideal. Life is like a wheel. And it's rolling stiiiiilllllllllll. SZ

SZ, loved the character depicted in Koei's game ( samurai warrior and warrior orochi series ). A legend that never fades, one of the greatest warrior ever lived.

Knowing @hiatch40 had nominated him just by looking at the title has tainted my judgement a bit.

But, I guess that after reading the short bio up there I do feel like this was a cool guy. Cool vote from me.

He went around killing people. In real life, not some video game (well that too).

Nominated by @haitch40

Miyamoto Musashi

640px-Musashi_ts_pic.jpg

Or for a more modern computer generated version.
r02.jpg

The above is from Yakuza Kenzan. (Only released in Japan.)

Anyway facts.
Born. 1584 Japan. (Although there is a little conflicting evidence on this date.)
Died 1645 in a cave called Reigandō on Kyushu.

His life.
Fought and won his first duel aged 13. Even though his father tried to get him out of it due to his age.
May or may not have fought at Sekigahara (aged 16) and the siege of Osaka castle. Evidence is conflicting.
Most famous duel was that with Sasaki Korjiro. At the time a famous swordsman whom he won a sword fight against using a rowing paddle. Sasaki used a nodachi which is basically a long katana.
Wrote Go Rin No Sho or in English, The Book of Five Rings. If you have practiced martial arts then you may have heard of it or even read it.
Never lost a duel.
Iron Maiden wrote a song about him called Sun and Steel.
Quite popular in Japanese media from what I have gathered with references to him in everything down to Pokemon. (In the Japanese language versions.)

And please. Judge the man not the fact that @haitch40 loves him. Or does @haitch40 make up the equivalent of Justin Bieber's fan base?

Am I the only one that thinks GTPlanet has so much Pokemon fans? Oh yeah let's not forget that I'm one too! :)

Nobunaga or whatever his name was owns a Shiny Rayquaza. Bad 🤬 alert incoming!!!! *Pokemon Conquest*

He went around killing people. In real life, not some video game (well that too).
But video games didn't exist around his time. When we were around that time he was born we were just throwing rocks at the pond and well.... I don't know.

You know my vote. Legend.
I also have never lost a sword duel, guess I'm sub zero now wohoo.
He fought 60 of them though. How many duels have you fought?
Up until 1612. After killing Sasaki Kojiro he never killed another guy. (Unless he did take part in the Osaka castle campaigns.) And every one of those was a "consented" killing. As in it was agreed by both parties that they would fight until one of them died.

Am I the only one that thinks GTPlanet has so much Pokemon fans? Oh yeah let's not forget that I'm one too! :)

Nobunaga or whatever his name was owns a Shiny Rayquaza. Bad 🤬 alert incoming!!!! *Pokemon Conquest*

I used Wikipedia for that one. Never been interested in Pokemon.

Also forgot. He became quite famous even then and in his later years was granted an entire castle as a place to live. Moved out in his very late years to live in a cave and write for some reason but hey whatever you want to do.

Last edited:
Back