• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Furinkazen

THE BOOK OF THE FIVE RINGS

picture-38.png

A book written by the swordsman aforementioned by @haitch40 Miyamoto Musashi. A collection of five volumes together about the ways of the martial arts, philosophy and the mind of a warrior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Five_Rings
http://www.bookoffiverings.com/Introduction.htm

I have a copy beside me right now. It is something I take very good care of and trust it's teachings. I see it as like the bible. SZ.

Last edited:
Do you judge all books on their country of origin?

No, but continually nominating everything about 1 guy is like nominating Mustangs that came with a different dashboard trim colour.

Except now I have a term for it.

It teaches the fundamentals of fighting. The mindset you gain when learning how to fight an opponent is indeed applicable to any activity of competitive nature.

Cool.

Would probably give it a SZ if I read it.

No, but continually nominating everything about 1 guy is like nominating Mustangs that came with a different dashboard trim colour.

Except now I have a term for it.

It's a book, not a person.

That would be like saying that only one Lennon tune could be rated, or only one Da Vinci invention, or only one Banksy, or only... well you know what I mean :D

I'd avoid the weeaboo thing too, I know what you mean but it's gathering pretty negative connotations ;)

Well, I generally like books of that sort.

Thing is, I don't view them as cool. In fact, most people I know that are into philosophical or historical books would usually be all in your face about it. "OMG I read [insert book title here], I'm soooo deep! LOOK AT HOW DEEP I - HEY, COME BACK HERE I'M NOT DONE TELLING YOU HOW DEEP I AM!" That's how they are.

Bad experiences on my end, I suppose. Still, usually attracts a very uncool crowd. Evens out to a 'Meh' for me.

I see nothing interesting about it. It gets bonus points for not being the usual Hunger Games/Twilight bs you normally see.
Meh.

I've read it. Don't see what the hoopla is all about; SU.

To anyone considering reading this for the first time: find an uncommented version. Read it a couple times. Then get a commented version, if you wish.

There are 3 types of books. The books you like, the books you don't like and the books you haven't read yet. I haven't read this book, so for me it's just a book. Meh.

*lies on back*

FYUUUTERE!!

Wait a minute.. wrong direction in time. Sorry! Sorry!

Books with philosophy and teachings will always be Sub in my book. Bonus points for warrior instinct, because violence is a beauutiful thing!

Books are cool. Ancient books are really cool. I guess this must be cool, I've never read it but The Art of War is one of my favourites and this has kinda the same front cover. ;)

Books are cool. Ancient books are really cool. I guess this must be cool, I've never read it but The Art of War is one of my favourites and this has kinda the same front cover. ;)
The Art of War is about military strategy whilst this is about individual combat but other than that the genre is the same really.

Back