• Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
18th Century-present Tattoos nominated by @Danoff

Tattoo_of_Hand_of_Fatima%2C_model_Casini.jpg

Information:
A tattoo is a form of body modification where a design is made by inserting ink, dyes and pigments, either indelible or temporary, into the dermis layer of the skin to change the pigment. Tattoos fall into three broad categories: purely decorative (with no specific meaning); symbolic (with a specific meaning pertinent to the wearer); pictorial (a depiction of a specific person or item). Brought to Europe from Polynesia in the early 19th century through naval routes, it was originally largely restricted to naval use, and was a male-only domain. By the later 20th century its use was more widespread and extended to female users. By the end of the 20th many stigmas of the tattoo culture had gone and it moved into the realm of being a fashion accessory for both men and women.

They used to be a sign of individuality, but everyone and their grandmother has them now. How can anything so common be cool?

Uncool.

I got a whole bunch in my late teens/ early 20s. You know how much it costs to get tattoos removed? A lot more than getting them. They're uncool.

There's no way in the world I would like to exchange my blood for ink.

Back