1935 Kaufmann Residence "Fallingwater"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1935 Kaufmann Residence "Fallingwater"

Information: Fallingwater is one of America's most famous and striking architectural masterpieces. It is a National Historic Landmark, and Smithsonian listed it as "one of 28 places on Earth you must see before you die". For it's time it was a very unique home, and no other residence in the country looked anything like this.
Designer: Frank Lloyd-Wright, the most famous architect in American history. This home is known to be the greatest of his designs.
Style: Japanese-style modern architecture.
Cost to build: $155,000 USD. Almost $3,000,000 today.

I would vote SZ if it wasn't just a house but that architecture is amazing so I give it a cool vote.

I would vote SZ if it wasn't just a house but that architecture is amazing so I give it a cool vote.
Not saying this to sway your vote, but it is no longer just a house today, actually. It now is a national landmark and museum; no one has lived in it for about 50 years.

This is hands down one of the coolest houses in the US. It's been on my bucket list to see it in person one day.

Easy SZ.

Not saying this to sway your vote, but it is no longer just a house today, actually. It now is a national landmark and museum; no one has lived in it for about 50 years.

The function remains - it serves even less purpose as a museum than it did as a house, in my opinion. I like it in an artistic sense but it is, ultimately, still a house; the dwelling place of people where clothes are washed and meals are cooked.

As a house it's a bloody nice one but it's such a rudimentary, ordinary thing (houses in general) that I couldn't justify a SZ vote.

As a house it's a bloody nice one but it's such a rudimentary, ordinary thing (houses in general) that I couldn't justify a SZ vote.

This is not an ordinary thing, this is FLW's brain wrapping itself around an ordinary idea and giving it new life. SZ.

Back