• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Jimlaad43

Magnetic Resonance Imaging
T1t2PD.jpg

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is an imaging technique used primarily in medical settings to produce high quality images of the inside of the human body. MRI is based on the principles of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), a spectroscopic technique used by scientists to obtain microscopic chemical and physical information about molecules. It's basically a revolutionary way to see inside things and people without cutting them open.

Sub Zero in many ways.

Both literally (Liquid Helium) and practically, as it can be used to save so many lives. Plus research on other things can happen too.

It's literally sub-zero. Loud and annoying though. Still, there's no sound quite like a helium compressor. Love that chirp.

No other way to vote but sub zero.

We have one of these at work. Not quite as cool as a linear accelerator, but still super cool.

I want to be scanned with this. Chances are my brain is actually bigger than my skull itself.

Cool.

I've had one of these when I injured my spine a few years back. How could it not be SZ when it's used to save lives and diagnose serious issues without intrusive surgery? Surprisingly noisy though. They recommended I listen to music on headphones during the process. Couldn't hear a thing.

I had to endure the annoyingly loud noise of these 4 times, one to diagnose an half-ruptured ACL, other to confirm the injury after I completly ruptered the ligament 3 months later, and two others to see the progress after surgery. Also standing completly still for 15 minutes were the hardest thing I've ever done

But all things considered this thing saves lives and works on sub-zero temperatures. A very adequate sub-zero

Latest Posts

Back