• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1953 North American F-86F-30 Sabre nominated by @V12 lmr

PA_F86_F_0002_W.jpg

Manufacturer: North American Aviation, Inc.
Role: Jet fighter
Engine: One General Electric J-47-GE-27
Thrust: 5,910 lbs.
Range: 1,000 miles
Ceiling: Over 45,000 ft.
Max Speed: 650 Mph.
Weight: Empty- 10,500 lbs. Max Takeoff- 17,000 lbs.
Armament: 6 x M3 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Guns
Entered Service: 1953
Retired: 1994 (Bolivia)
Unit Cost: $219,457 (F-86E)​

Always liked them, JASDF flew them back in the day, too. A "cool" for me. F-4(EJ), F-15(J) would've been SZ.

Used in war, and war is the polar opposite of cool.

Used in air shows too, used by private fliers none of which are for war. Also these are necessary for war (all fighter aircraft) so it's hard to understand how by default that makes them uncool, as if the creation and advancing of technology for future planes of all walks not just war is a bad thing. Sure war isn't cool, but war isn't what is being voted on. An aircraft is.

Anyways SZ for being the first premier fighter jet of the U.S., and cause John Wayne

It's a tool to get a job done and since it was built in prolific numbers it must have been pretty good at it's job, for the era.

It's a bit goofy looking, but jet planes are cool. Cool.

Only a few military planes are cool enough to get over the fact that they're war machines. This plane is not one of them.

I love the design and, as a child, always thought of the F-86 as typical of how the future looked from the 1950s. I actually love this plane so much that I'd give it a super-cool if it wasn't for its fundamental low speed flaws.

Fighter jets are, by default, cool. Pretty ones with technical significance and good performance are even cooler.

Some time ago I didn't give this aircraft much thought, but it has a few nice advantages over the MiG-15 that a fighter pilot would appreciate like controlability into the transonic, the radar gunsight, and outright speed. It's a really neat fighter for its time and stands as one of the examples of the rapid pace of technological changes between the 40's and 50's. If DCS is anything to go by it's also a lot of fun to fly. These early jets lack the power of modern aircraft but they are extremely sleek without weapons hanging on the outside.

A bird of the Korean War. Well... cool.

Recently, I unlocked it in War Thunder (the Japanese SDF version), but can't buy it yet... :sly:

I really like ancient, primiteve jet fighters. This one is no exception, so I think it is a cool plane, thus I'm going to vote for cool.

Cool. :cool:

That US airforce sticker on the left wing though ....... :ouch:

Back