• Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1958-1959, 1963, 1967-Present Gibson Flying V nominated by @Custom878

gibson-flying-v-classic-white-pre-owned-254536.jpg

Body Type: solid-body
Body Material: korina (1958-1963), mahogany (1967+)
Neck Material: korina (1958-1963), mahogany (1967+)
Bridge: fixed bridge
Tailpiece: string-through body (1958-1963), stop bar or vibrato (1967+)
Pickups: humbucking neck and bridge pickups​

Flying V, looks great, and it's a Gibson.

21 frets though is not for me. Also notoriously uncomfortable.

Cool.

Heavy, awkward, difficult to play sitting down, and generally underwhelming. As a guitarist, I've never seen the attraction personally, and in my opinion it's therefore uncool.

Tom
Heavy, awkward, difficult to play sitting down, and generally underwhelming. As a guitarist, I've never seen the attraction personally, and in my opinion it's therefore uncool.
Also, Gibsons have fat necks. That's fine for some but I prefer a thinner one.

Also, Gibsons have fat necks. That's fine for some but I prefer a thinner one.

Likewise. I've always been a Stratocaster man myself, but that said I did own a rather garish Epiphone Explorer a few years back!

I've been yearning to turn this into a Bass for so long, It's a future project I've had in mind when I get the time. While it may look extremely pretentious, I wanted to set it up as Off-white with gold-hardware :lol: Some day, hopefully.

Sub Zero.

I've been yearning to turn this into a Bass for so long, It's a future project I've had in mind when I get the time. While it may look extremely pretentious, I wanted to set it up as Off-white with gold-hardware :lol: Some day, hopefully.

Sub Zero.
Gibson made a bass version for a while. Possibly in the '80s.

Tom

You just rest the meeting of the V with your thigh between it while sitting, and it's that easy. At least any time I played one it was. As a guitarist as well, I understand the attraction of it and emulating those who played it. Also it's a striking design that many have tried to emulate in that regard as well.

I give it a cool, because it's not nearly as cool to me as many of the classic Fender stuff that I always found better. Or is it a Thunderbird or SG both of which I'd rate SZ.

Back