GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 1981-present Mario Mario ([USER=196369]@Jahgee1124[/USER])

1981-present Mario Mario

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Jahgee1124

Mario, the character

MarioSMBW.png

Debut: 1981
Nationality: Italian
Occupation: Saving the Mushroom Kingdom, Go-Karting, Tennis, formerly a Plumber and a carpenter.

The games may be great. But c'mon. He's stereotyped to hell and back again and he looks cute and somewhat cuddly (which is gross, given that he's an adult Italian plumber, of all things) - not remotely cool.

If this were the 1980's, Mario would have been Sub Zero. This is not the 1980's and Mario is well past his sell-by date. His time is over and he needs to be retired so Nintendo can move forwards.

Seriously Uncool.

If this were the 1980's, Mario would have been Sub Zero. This is not the 1980's and Mario is well past his sell-by date. His time is over and he needs to be retired so Nintendo can move forwards.

Seriously Uncool.
Without Mario being around today, Nintendo would be a figure of the past.

The poster boy for why Nintendo has been steadily declining over the last few years (close to a decade now?)

Uncool.

(I'll post why I think this later, when I have time to do so.)

Even though I didn't grow up on Nintendo, it's hard for me to deny the significance of the Mario series. Plus it's really funny when you see a man wearing a red shirt, overalls and full moustache in real life.

mario_hammer.gif

I hate when some dumb ape steals my lady and rolls barrels in attempt to win back her heart.

I grew up with Mario Kart Double Dash!!, so he gets a Sub-Zero from me. I love that game, but I haven't played it in so long.

Meh.

Was never a Nintendo kid and the games never appealed to me enough to play them.

Crash Bandicoot on the other hand.............

The guy manages to escape the fact he has mustache. And he does karting, which isn't proven to be uncool yet. Would be cooler if he was green, though.

Last edited:
Remember playing the first 3d Mario game and Pilotwings I think it was called the day Nintendo-64 was released. Didn't like the 2d side scrolling Mario games. 3d Mario cool....2d Mario meh. Very low cool I guess.

Back