Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @AudiMan2011

USS George Washington
USS_George_Washington_(CVN-73)_F.jpg

Class & type: Nimitz-class aircraft carrier

Theodore Roosevelt subclass

Displacement: 104,200 long tons (116,700 short tons)

Length: Overall: 1,092 feet (332.8 m)

Waterline: 1,040 feet (317.0 m)

Beam: Overall: 252 ft (76.8 m)

Waterline: 134 ft (40.8 m)

Propulsion: 2 × Westinghouse A4W nuclear reactors

4 × steam turbines

4 × shafts

Power: 260,000 shp (194 MW)

Speed: 30+ knots (56+ km/h; 35+ mph)

Range: Unlimited distance; 20-25 years

Complement: Ship's company: 3,200

Air wing: 2,480

Crew: 6102

A very cool piece of engineering and part of a mighty show of strength for the US Navy.

So we go from a bass guitar to an aircraft carrier? Ohh, this is gonna get interesting.

OT: It is a metallic island that can coordinate and cause untold amounts of carnage and chaos. While maybe not as cool as an old battleship, it is still an awesome sight. Solid Cool.

An epic weapon, the basis of a carrier strike group (CSG) providing the capability of power projection, allowing the user to democratize any Bantustan he wants (if it has a coastline, unlike Belarus, haha).

Although I don't approve the agressive politics of the United States and heavy carriers are a "weapon of agression", I'm rating this thing Sub Zero.

Seriously Uncool, if you tried driving this down the road, not only would you ruin it but you'd look like a massive cock while doing so.
Grab a Super Hornet from it and land it on a highway - that's a lot easier :D

Shouldn't the year be more in line with when the ship was officially commissioned and not the timeframe of when it was constructed?

Yummy. Nimitz class!

And it's rear-screw drive, too!

But...

it's named after some homie who chopped down trees like a busta and was so broke-ass he couldn't afford shiny caps like a true playa, so he had wooden teeth.

Also, no built in sub-woofer. And no dubs.

Aircraft carriers happen to be floating air superiority bases loaded with epic fighter jet so SZ.
Yummy. Nimitz class!

And it's rear-screw drive, too!

But...

it's named after some homie who chopped down trees like a busta and was so broke-ass he couldn't afford shiny caps like a true playa, so he had wooden teeth.

Also, no built in sub-woofer. And no dubs.
Funniest thing I've read all day!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shouldn't the year be more in line with when the ship was officially commissioned and not the timeframe of when it was constructed?

I considered going with that, but I decided that for the sake of consistency I'd go with the timeframe of construction. Military equipment can be quite confusing in that it is often constructed for a far shorter period of time than it is used. It can also often be unclear for what time frame military equipment was actually constructed. For example the AK-47 was only produced by the Soviets for about a decade before they introduced updated Kalashnikovs, but its design is still produced by countless others to this day.

I think the best way of putting it is like this. A car may only be in production for 5 years, but people will still be driving it 25 years down the line. One would, however, describe the car as being from its years of construction, not from its years of use. I decided to stick with that principle here.

Latest Posts

Back