GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 1998-2007 United States version of Whose Line Is It Anyway

1998-2007 United States version of Whose Line Is It Anyway

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @DurWinning

The US Remake of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1998 - 2007)

View attachment 242443

What was it: Whose Line Is It Anyway? was an improvisational comedy show. The American series was hosted by Drew Carrey and featured the regular appearances of Colin Mochrie, Wayne Brady, and Ryan Stiles. The 4th guest was often cycled between Brad Sherwood, Kathy Griffin, Chip Esten, and many more.

When it ran: The US remake of the show originally ran from 1998 up until 2007 (production stopped in 2003, but unaired episodes would air as "NEW" until 2007). The show ran on ABC and ABC Family.

Games played: Some games regularly played included Scenes from a Hat, Hoedown, Irish Drinking Song, Questions Only, along with many other games that were rarely played.

Bonus Facts: The show featured some special celebrity guest appearances. People include Stephen Colbert, Robin Williams (RIP), and more.

EDIT:

One of my favorite TV shows and the only one that makes me laugh. Subzero.

However, I do prefer the English version.

I personally don't care for the show and it showcases actors being attention whores and a self serving "look at me" mentality that they all possess. However, I've had a few laughs watching it when forced to. No question that there is some good comedy. Meh for me.

British show was much better. While imitation is the sincerist form of flattery, I don't think Drew Carey is a good host. Uncool for me.

There was a British version?

Also, it's not strictly a "United States" version, since Colin Mochrie is Canadian. (Whose line is it, anyw-ey?)

-

Good for a lot of laughs. And a bright spot in a sea of dreary sitcoms. Easy Zee.

I will now abandon this thread before more Brits come in to say it's not as good as the original... falalalalala... I can't hear anything... goodbye.

;) It's probably not as good as the original... But as i never really thought much of that version either... Uncool.

I enjoyed both the UK and US versions, both were generally always good for a laugh. But as much as I enjoyed the show and it made me laugh, I just can't call a TV show cool, it was a tough decision because it's definitely one of the better ones but I can still only vote Meh.

A bit off topic, but there was a 'reality' TV show in NZ called something like Grid Girl Racers, which took a whole lot of hot grid girls and put them in a few different types of race cars to find out which one could actually drive the best... now that was actually quite a cool show, a bit cheesy yes, but hot girls and race cars was a combination that's hard to beat :)

The British version had better humour, but this one felt a little more polished. Not to the detriment of the other parts though. Solid cool.

Latest Posts

Back