• Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
2004-2007 Motorola RAZR V3 nominated by @TwinTurbo LM

Black-RAZRV3-closed.jpg

Information:
The Motorola RAZR V3 was the second phone of Motorola's RAZR series, and it was by far the most popular in the series.Because of its striking appearance and thin profile, it was initially marketed as an exclusive fashion phone, but within a year, its price was lowered and it was wildly successful. The V3 sold 130 million units in four years, proving to be the world's best selling clamshell phone. The team of the V3 put together a number of design choices that set the device apart from the competition. The phone had the thinnest profile at the time on a clamshell set, sported an electroluminescent keypad made out of a single metal wafer and used an industry standard mini USB port for data, battery charger and headphones, all in an aluminum body with an external glass screen.​

1280px-Motorola_RAZR_V3i_01.JPG

Gotta show the inside. I thought they looked pretty neat. Came close to buying one, but went with something else. Do I vote based on how I felt about it back then? I guess I used to think they were "cool".

Ugh I really hated that thin, stiff keypad. Combined with that brushed metal finish on it, I'd actually hate to own one.

I wanted a RAZR when I was younger as I thought they looked so cool back then. Still much cooler today than any smartphone.

Cool.

I actually used one of these last year briefly. I was only able to use it for a month before I went crawling back to a smartphone.

The RAZR V3 was ridiculously thin (and had a tiny battery as a consequence of this), had a terrible camera, awful auto-correct, and was pretty expensive at launch. It isn't a very good phone by today's standards.

I still loved using it, though. Although it lacks most of the features that even entry-level smartphones have nowadays, it was great using a phone that actually felt like a phone. The clamshell design made it really comfortable to hold too, and it still looks great. High Cool.

I never had this specific model, but I've always liked Motorola's flip phones. The last one I had was indestructible, even survived a night in the bottom of a hot tub. Gave it to my mom to use when I upgraded to a smart phone.

Cool.

I hate phones. I hated this one least of all I've owned. The keypad was stiff but it was responsive, the camera was good in it's day, and it went for years before I replaced it with a Rugby. Mine was a GoPhone, so it was probably remanufactured but still, I give it a cool.

Back