GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 2011-present Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base

2011-present Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Azure Flare

Fanatec Clubsport wheel base (also called the CSW)

CSW-1000x666.png

Year introduced: 2011

Price: $449.95 USD, 449.95€, ¥58,500, $589.95 AUD

Compatibility: Playstation 3 and PC. Since Fanatec wheels piggyback off the Logitech G27 FFB patterns, all PS3 games that support the G27 will work just fine with Fanatec wheels.

Currently available accessories*: 4 wheel rims (Formula, Formula Carbon, BMW M3 GT2, and Porsche 918 RSR), static paddle shifters, universal hub (with 6 available wheel rims), Clubsport handbrake, Clubsport shifter (with or without a sequential mode), and Clubsport V2 pedals.

Weight: 6.08 kg (Listed as the volume weight from their website.)

And the introduction video from the CEO of the company, @Fanatec..., AKA Thomas Jackermeier.

* I had simply listed all the of the accessories in the Clubsport line, but omitted older accessories and unnecessary parts like the spare load cell and different coloured pedal pieces.[/QUOTE]

Seriously uncool. I've been with my wife for over 6 years and she still shakes her head, laughs and calls me a nerd when she sees me playing racing games with a wheel.

WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too expensive to be cool. And it isn't even the complete wheel!

Seriously Uncool.

Sub Zero, I own one and I'm not a nerd! Even my girlfriend thinks its pretty awesome. Makes racing so much more enjoyable!

I haven't tried this out (especially due to it's insane price!) but it's something that looks very cool.

Even though the base has that price, the amount of accessories you can have for it makes it worth it.

I personally have the Formula rim and Clubsport V2 pedals and it's a fantastic setup, much more versatile than a T500RS.

It cost how much? That's more expensive than ANY game system, and you don't even get a complete wheel!

Seriously Uncool.

Sub-Zero because it makes games more enjoyable. But it makes games be more enjoyable and as we all know you improves everything to have better game feel is a nerd so Seriously Uncool

Don't care about being seen as a 'nerd'. Don't care that it is expensive. I going against the trend and calling it cool !
When my G27 dies I want one of these !
Sim racing/gaming to me is cool... 🤬 what anyone else thinks !

:gtpflag:

Overpriced gaming peripherals tend not to be cool on their own.

Ones that require additional devices that are equally costly tend to be exceptionally uncool. Enjoyable or not.

Back