• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
618- present Paper Money nominated by @W3HS

Information:
"Paper bills were first used by the Chinese, who started carrying folding money during the Tang Dynasty (A.D. 618-907) — mostly in the form of privately issued bills of credit or exchange notes — and used it for more than 500 years before the practice began to catch on in Europe in the 17th century."

Last edited:
Can't buy happiness. Uncool.

Not to mention billions of innocent trees have been killed so money can be made from the paper they provide.

Last edited:
It really is the root of all evil. SU

Edited to add - Paper currency is nothing more than paper that society has given a value based off the number printed on it.

Last edited:
Going from pound notes to coins in the UK was uncool. Luckily we still have pound notes here, which are cool. So 'cool', but only because they're cooler than coins.

Going from pound notes to coins in the UK was uncool. Luckily we still have pound notes here, which are cool. So 'cool', but only because they're cooler than coins.

Throwing notes into a wishing well isn't nearly as satisfying though.

Seriously uncool, I'll let the HGTTG explain.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

The fact this hasn't already been posted disappoints me greatly, I thought you were better than this GTP. As punishment I shall read some Vogon poetry! :P

As punishment I shall read some Vogon poetry!
s4df0qP.gif

Uncool.

I'm not a communist but I hate the concept of currency, especially in the form of money.

You are aware that currency spawns organically from the need to efficiently satisfy the basic human desire/need for trade, right?

You are aware that currency spawns organically from the need to efficiently satisfy the basic human desire/need for trade, right?

Yeah, I know. I just prefer the the ways of some of the ancient tribes where everything other than your loin cloth was communal and there was no need for trade or money.

I know it couldn't work in our societies and it isn't very practical but it has a romantic notion about it.

Back