GTP Alternative Cool Wall: c.40,000 - 26,000BCE-present Single Shoe Found On The Side of the Road

c.40,000 - 26,000BCE-present Single Shoe Found On The Side of the Road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @TheCracker

A Single Shoe Found On The Side Of The Road

img_2124-jpg.200591

(showed for illustrative purposes only)

40000BC - Present day
Materials used in manufacture: Leather, leatherette, suede, canvas, rubber etc.
Purpose: To make philosophers of us all. Probably.

Turn up at a nightclub to pick up some babes in this and you're totally a playa. Every girl will want to be with you and every dude will want to be in your shoes. Sub-Zero.

That shoe, that one shoe, whichever shoe it is, is always there, like, [EXPLETIVE DELETED], like, yeah, I'm a shoe, get lost, yeah.

Sub zero.

It's a shoe, one of the least interesting things to see when on a roadtrip. Seriously Uncool.

They write award winning books just because of such a phenomenon.

Was that shoe to be exemplified as a symbol of humanity's determination through Earth without the need of footwear?

Or was it to show your feet would grow out of shape someday?

It also symbolizes the power that you don't have to wear a similar pair. A sign of freedom and or rebellion.

Based on what's known, this shoe is a witness to life itself. It bears the clues to solve the history of humanity. Only that.. it waits on the streets for possibly another millenia.

For we can't even decipher the smallest aglet to the worn out sole.

Whether it's one shoe, or thousands. Used as a implement during a road rage incident, or left behind by some drunkard stumbling home. There's nothing cool about discarded pumps.

Last edited:
Every shoe tells a tale. This one is no exception.

As far back as 40,000 BC, this lonesome loafer wandered alone across the European countryside and the Great Plains of North America until he found his comfortable little haven on the side of the road pictured above. Since it was a trail of tracks left by a whitetail deer, this shoe has been sitting in the same spot for tens of thousands of years. Or so he was, until an event occurred that is only known today as "Pavement Day".

In the 20th century, the dirt path that was created by Native Americans as a trade route centuries ago was considered to be outdated. Highways were becoming a thing. People needed paved surfaces to drive their bulky, over-sized Cadillacs on. From there, the pavement crew came in. Mr. Shoe, just minding his business like he had been for the past 41,000 years, was picked up by human hands for the first time. He attempted to fight back against the construction worker by folding his heel around his wrist, but to no avail. When the road was finished, he was placed back on his normal spot. Well, at least nearby. A CBS News documentary explains how the workers had attempted to draw a line around Larry Loafer, but as he tried to fold around the measuring-man's hand, the pen that was used for measuring had drawn an inaccurate line, two inches to the south of his original patch o' land.

Today he remains in his new spot, two inches south of where he had sat for the past 42,014 years, still wondering if he will ever return to the place that he calls "home".

Why is this even a poll?

It's just a shoe. I mean if it were a croc found on the side of the road is would be seriously uncool, if it were a Nike Shox it would be cool, but since the brand is unspecified, I have to vote meh.

Why just one shoe? And where is its pair? Why would I be interested in something so pointless? Meh.

Last edited:
Cool, only because I've found much, much stranger things on the side of the road.
(Like shirts, underwear, sofas... etc.)

I'm not sure if I should dip my toe into this...

Boot we all have to be kicking the horse, do we?

We're just treading over some knotty pair loafing about in the middle of spatsville?

*LAME I KNOW RIGHT?!

Latest Posts

Back