• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Circa 1400-1700 Claymores nominated by @SomePlayaDude

Scottish_claymore_replica_%28Albion_Chieftain%292.jpg

Information: A Claymore refers either to the Scottish variant of the late medieval two-handed sword or the Scottish variant of the basket-hilted sword. The former is characterised as having a cross hilt of forward-sloping quillons with quatrefoil terminations and was in use from the 15th to 17th centuries.​

Didn't Jack Churchill take one of these into war? I remember hearing something about him charging the beaches with it.

Weapon of death? Serves no other purpose than to kill or injure? Scottish?

Seriously uncool.

Weapon of death? Serves no other purpose than to kill or injure? Scottish?

Seriously uncool.

That's not true, they're nice for ornamental displays. Ironically they fall into the phallic design philosophy of man asserting power over civilization too :sly:, thus cool from a certain member's view.

That's not true, they're nice for ornamental displays. Ironically they fall into the phallic design philosophy of man asserting power over civilization too :sly:, thus cool from a certain member's view.

Falic indeed, and a pretty prize to have above the mantle, yet despite knowing well how the sword shaped my nation (under Authurain legend) I still feel its intended use is uncool.

As an ornament, however, I'd not deny it a place on my wall.

Falic indeed, and a pretty prize to have above the mantle, yet despite knowing well how the sword shaped my nation (under Authurain legend) I still feel its intended use is uncool.

As an ornament, however, I'd not deny it a place on my wall.
I can see that, I just wanted to banter with ya :P

I thought it was a explosive, too. As far as swords go, I prefer nihonto/samurai swords, but these swords are pretty cool looking. I'm thinking "meh", but leaning towards "cool".

Back