5c684c8f36a5898c0d12dccc1ba797a4.jpg
Body Style: 4dr Sedan, 2dr roadster, 4dr phaeton, 4dr town car
Engine: 4.4L Continental I8
Power: 100hp
Torque: N/A
Weight: N/A
Transmission: 3-speed manual
Drivetrain: FF
Additional Info: The Model C was the only car produecd by the short-lived company - First American car with front-wheel drive - William Muller, the designer, did not have the means to build the car, and enlisted the help of Archie Andrews, a board member at Hupmobile - Andrews couldn't get Hupmobile to build the car so he set up New Era Motors to do so instead - Andrews named the car "Ruxton" after William Ruxton, in hopes Ruxton would invest in the project. Ruxton sued instead - The car was built to compete with Cord - Many Ruxtons were sold with multicolored paintjobs designed to make the cars appear longer - Fitted with rare "Woodlite" headlights, only ever used on a few other prewar luxury cars - Only 96 ever built, 19 still exist today
29_Ruxton-C_Ed-Budd-Sedan_DV-14-PBC_02.jpg

1930-ruxton-model-c-roadster-front-2

29_Ruxton_rdstr_DV-06-MDB_07-800.jpg

440px-Ruxton_1930.JPG

Instant Sub Zero. I love these, ever since I first saw a picture of one. I've been waiting a while to finally put this on the wall, and it probably would have been a lot longer if @Populuxe Cowboy 's post in the Awesome Vintage Cars thread didn't motivate me to speed it up.

Anyway, I love everything about these. I love large prewar luxury cars, and this is one of my favorites of them. Especially because of the paintwork. Beautiful cars.

Augghhhh, I meant to click cool, and then it hit Seriously Uncool.

Is someone able to change that for me, or is it stuck like that?

Instant Sub Zero just for those swag paint schemes. Everything else is pretty rad too, but I have to respect them for making a style choice that bold in the days when something like the Chrysler Airflow was considered too extravagant for most people.

Sub Zero of course. These vintage cars are such beautiful cars. I want to drive one someday, if possible.

Back