Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engine: 3.0L I6
Power: 90-105hp
Torque: n/a
Weight: 1550kg
Transmission: 2-speed preselector with electromagnetic overdrive
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: This French car was more expensive new than a Bugatti Type 57 - Only 8 ever produced - As with all Voisins, styling was completely done in house by Gabriel Voisin, no coachbuilders involved - Retractable roof - Sleeve-valve engine allows for smooth running even at high rpm, although it makes more exhaust than a more conventional engine - Best in show at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Quite futuristic looking for a mid-'30s car, but let's face it, it's not a looker. Ugly is rarely cool. And that interior is something else.

Uncool.

It’s a car that’s unique enough to be shown at Pebble Beach. That’s cool in my book.

Instant SZ. One of my favorite cars of all time. Every car the company made was styled by Gabriel Voisin, no external coachbuilding involved.

Only the interior keeps it from being a Sub-Zero. But it is a high cool for me. Anotehr one I never knew before and more expensive than a Type 57 back then - and it's not as widely known. That's reason enough for me to love this car.

Back