Engines:
4.0L I6
Power: 101 hp
Torque: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Transmission: 3-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Limited production numbers for the 1936 model year, due to production being suspended for 18 months, shortly after it started. The car was marketed as a luxury vehicle, and competed with cars such as the Ford Business coupe. Although Hupmobile was technologically advanced for its time, the brand faded out in the summer of 1939. This was one of the last few models made by Hupmobile, being replaced by the ill-fated Hupmobile Skylark."​
37-Hupmobilie_618G_DV-08_GMG_014.jpg

37-Hupmobilie_618G_DV-08_GMG_a02.jpg

37-Huppmobile-DV_14-SJ_01.jpg

37-Huppmobile-Aero-DV-14-SJ-001.jpg

3817773730_12a4874139.jpg

I've never heard of this car, but I'm glad I found out about it. It has a beautiful design, rumble seats, a sick hood ornament, and with a name like "Hupmobile," you can't go wrong.

Sub. Freakin'. Zero.

"Hupmobile" is a terrible name. Looks like a GTA clone of a Dick Tracy vehicle. Pre-war cars can be cool, but this is the obscure hipster equivalent of pre-war cars.

Uncool.

You guys all missed it....

It should be SZ just for its name:

There are a few obvious intentional typos.... This car is totally Gangta way before its time.

It should be called:
Humpmobile 69 G spot

Voted Cool because this car is so hot it melted the ice...

... You know from the guns banging in the back seat...

What?

Last edited:
I have several encyclopedic volumes of classic cars and unusual vehicles.

I have never heard of this one. Which is strange, as it's rather pretty.

Cool beans.

I have several encyclopedic volumes of classic cars and unusual vehicles...I have never heard of this one.
*gasp* Is it possible you glossed over it or does someone at a publishing company somewhere have a hangin' rope with their name on it? :P

Always loved the headlights--SZ.

*gasp* Is it possible you glossed over it or does someone at a publishing company somewhere have a hangin' rope with their name on it? :P

Always loved the headlights--SZ.

Nope. Closest is the 1925 R Touring (just checked). Have never seen this one.

Now that I've seen it, I really like it. :D

Back