GTP Cool Wall: 1937-1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B 'Lungo' Touring Berlinetta

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiegert
  • 28 comments
  • 3,089 views

1937-1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2600B 'Lungo' Touring Berlinetta


  • Total voters
    110
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
Messages
13,409
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1937-1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B 'Lungo' Touring Berlinetta nominated by @All Your Base

636315.jpg


Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Engine: 2.9L Supercharged DOHC I8
Power: 180 hp
Torque: unknown
Weight: 1310 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​
38-Alfa-8C_2900B_Lungo-Touring-DV-10-PBC-c01.jpg

557445.jpg

DSC_0297-900x600.jpg

Touring_Alfa_Romeo_8C_2900B_Berlinetta_1938_grey_09.jpg
 
Last edited:
Only seen in museums and golf courses.

Uncool.
 
No background info at all? Off to Google I guess.

+edit is the name wrong? Found the 2900B from 1937 with the same horse power and name. 5 built, sold for $9,457 ($158k with inflation).

Never knew straight 8s was a thing.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/29.html

Eh, I'll give it a Cool.
 
Last edited:
Totally cool though it does seem a little off to me.
 
Damn, shame on me for not knowing this one either. Alfa's look just fine in the 30's too.

That's Sub-Zero for me.
 
Alfa Romeo 8C 2600B

Engine: 2.9L Supercharged

One of those is wrong. Extensive research tells me that it is the title.
Up till 1935 Alfa used the 2300,which was bored up to 2600 and 2900 for the racecars, and in 1935 became 2900cc for the street cars.

Edit.

This is, of course Sub Zero. Pretty much every early Alfa tingles my gingles the right way.
 
Last edited:
Gorgeous. Incredibly so. And a lot of power for that sized engine in that time period, if those figures are correct.
 
This and Le Mans Speciale marked a high point not only for Alfa designs, but automotive designs as a whole.

One of those is wrong. Extensive research tells me that it is the title.

It is supposed to be the 2900B, as I'd requested @All Your Base to correct the nomination info in the relevant thread the other week.

No idea how I overlooked the 6 when making this thread however, and it doesn't help that I've been out most of the night. So thanks for the catch.
 
SZ.
 
Hi, my name is Graham and I drive this to the car show once a year... if it's a nice day.
 
A work of art... the proportions, the lines :drool::drool::drool:

SZ
 
It's from the 30's so it should be at least a cool, but not this time. Alfa's were goofy looking back then as well.

Meant to hit Uncool but hit SU.
 
Sub Zero. Supercharged DOHC Inline 8 from Italy. I mean, why would it get anything less?!
 
Pre-war? Check. Beatiful? Check. Italian? Check and check. This is an easy Sub-Zero.
 
Yep, I agree with the majority. Very handsome car.

SZ
 
:lol:
 
The 30s was the only time every single Alfa Romeo in existence was absolutely, impossibly, mind-numbingly cool. Never again.

This thing is impossible. SZ.
 
The looks don't look right somehow. Not the worst I've seen but I've seen much better from the '30s.

Meh.
 
Ohhhh my god... :drool:

Easy Subzero, it's... OMG... I'm out of words...
 
Only just noticed the atrocious spelling--I hate this mistake more than any other. Serves me right for not making my own. :lol:
 
This can be the definitive of how a car can be art.

SZ.
 
I'm typically hazardous to pre-war cars. But this thing is incredible. Those aerodynamic rear wheel arches.

Garage queen be damned!

Sub-Zero
 
Back