Tucker_48_Car_11.jpg

Tucker-48.jpg
Tucker_48_Car_4.jpg

Tucker-48-8-740x494.jpg

1948-Tucker-48-5.jpg

Tucker1034_01_1000.jpg
tucker48_fullyc_006.jpg

Tucker-48-14.jpg

One of the first movies I remember sticking in my head as a kid was "Tucker: A man and his dream". Ever since then, I have had a rather large soft spot for this car. From it's gorgeous styling to it's innovative safety design features,this is one of the fastest sub-zeros I've ever given. If I had a garage full of Queens, this would be one the first five cars I stocked it with.

The safety features along are staggering for it's time. A built in roll bar, padded dash, pop out safety glass, a steering box behind the front axle, and that iconic cyclops headlight.

Interesting fact, Tucker wanted to put magnesium brakes and fuel injection on the thing.

Cool, way ahead of it's time, has that Art Deco styling I like so much on cars, and has three headlights.

To me, as one who's not familiar with Tuckers, it looks like a combination of a Studebaker and a Hudson.

Which, to me, is a bloody fantastic thing.

I would initially call it ugly (mainly because of the third headlight, imagine that thing on a car today), but this is a relic from a time with different standards, and that's what makes it interesting for me. Cool.

I'd rather it had regular dual exhaust instead of the six, but other than that it has near perfect styling and some good power for its time.

High cool.

Last edited:
Yes. This was a car that should have succeeded.

Where would we have been if this car succeeded? Probably much farther than we have now...

Great looking, and extremely high-tech.

SZ. No question.

Ice box.

Was this in LA Noire?

A great game with some great cars in it. The cars and their details were a pleasant and very welcome surprise.

Back