Stats

Production
1948-1990

Styles
2-door panel van
2-door coupe utility
4-door landaulet

Engines
23 ci/375 cc naturally aspirated OHV flat 2 (rated 9 HP)
26 ci/425 cc naturally aspirated OHV flat 2 (rated 12, 12.5, 13.5, 15, 18, or 21 HP)
27 ci/435 cc naturally aspirated OHV flat 2 (rated 18? or 26 HP)
37 ci/602 cc naturally aspirated OHV flat 2 (rated 21, 29, or 32.8 HP)
2x26 cc/2x425 cc naturally aspirated OHV flat 2s (rated 12 HP individually or 24 HP combined)

Transmissions
4-speed manual
2x 4-speed manual

Layouts
Front-engine, Front-drive
Front- and Rear- (or Mid-) engine, Front- and/or Rear-drive

Related
Citroen Dyane
Citroen FAF
Citroen Mehari
Citroen Ami
Citroen Bijou
Many kit cars built for fun or utility​

The one with two engines and two transmissions was the 2CV Sahara, a rare off-road variant that had quite some ability but didn't sell well - built from either 1958 or 1960 to 1966 or 1968, with one more built in 1971, it was twice the price of a normal 2CV. 694 were built, and only 27 are known to survive today. The two engines (and thus axles) could be started and run individually, and had seperate fuel tanks - and in addition to being excellent off road, it was one of the faster 2CVs with both engines running (though at 65 MPH that's not saying much).

Last edited:
It's certainly an iconic and unique car, but just a bit too slow for my liking. Still cool though.

The only thing good about these is the suspension. Drive it through a field in quite a bit of comfort. Slow. Unreliable. Flimsy build. Only the early models look ok~ish.

And I hate them, and it's silly cousins. With a passion.

But. Having driven many different models, there is some fun to be found in the way it drives. And the early models look funky on the inside. Especially with the hammock benches.

Gonna hate myself for this but I am going to give it a cool. But that's only for the earliest models.

Hateful bags of crap only ever driven by satyr-legged, lentil weaving GROLIES.

Not a fan of the Dolly thanks entirely to the hideous paint job, but otherwise I love the 2cv. High cool, not quite SZ.

Along with the original Beetle, arguably the worst car Europe ever made. Park one next to a bottom-range Dacia Sandero and it makes the Romanian car look as well equipped as a Bentley.

Then there's custom jobs like this:
citroen-2cv-6-special-11.jpg

Even someone as well respected as Chris Harris can't save this car from a trip to Hell IMO.

Awful, awful tin of sardines for NARHs who want to save the planet yet drive an unreliable oil haemorrage.

Even James Bond looked like a Piers Morgan in one.

Park one next to a bottom-range Dacia Sandero and it makes the Romanian car look as well equipped as a Bentley.

Park a 1980's Bentley next to a Dacia Sandero and it will look as well equipped as 2CV.

You can't seriously compare the equipment spec of a cheap car from 60 years ago to a contemporary cheap car.

When I think of this car, I imagine it puttering through a vineyard estate in the south of France. That is a very cool image for me.

During the first half of the 1970s, Citroen held the accolade of selling both one of the two coolest, and possibly the least cool French cars of the 20th century.

As awesome as the two engined Sahara was, the average 2CV would make anybody driving one look like a right berk.

Even James Bond looked like a Piers Morgan in one.

SJ8grBD.gif

@Wiegert Not only is For Your Eyes Only a good Moore film, it has possibly the hottest Bond girl in my opinion and Locque as a voiceless assassin.

But they blow up the Esprit and drive a 2CV. Ugh.

If I ever have a chance to build a car collection one day, a 2CV must be in there.

I like the 2CV for some reason. Cool. :D

Back