Body Styles: 2-door coupe / cabriolet
Engine: 2.6L naturally aspirated Colombo V12
Power: 150 hp
Torque: 121 lb-ft
Weight: 952 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
The Ferrari 212 Inter was revealed at the 1951 Brussels Motor Show as the successor to Ferrari's successful 166 and 195 grand tourers. Coachbuilders for the 212 Inter included Carrozzeria Touring, Ghia, Ghia-Aigle, Vignale, Stabilimenti Farina, and Pininfarina. The chassis was similar to the Ferrari 125 with a suspension featuring double wishbones in the front and live axles in the rear. The car was powered by a 2.6 liter single-carburetor Colombo V12 engine which produced 150 hp and 121 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels. The British magazine Autocar got hold of what they described as the first production model Ferrari 212 in 1950, which outperformed any car that they had previously tested. Autocar recorded a top speed of over 116 mph (187 km/h) and acceleration times of 0 to 60 mph (96 km/h) of 10.5 seconds and 100 mph (161 km/h) in 22.5 seconds; the magazine however noted they had limited the engine to 6,500 rpm out of respect for the newness and low mileage of the car they were using, which suggested that even better performance would be available from a fully "run in" model. A single 212 Inter, chassis no. 0223EL2, was fitted with the available "225" or 2.7 L Colombo V12, creating a unique model that would be properly referred to as a 225 Inter. This one-off model was given a Giovanni Michelotti penned berlinetta body by Vignale. 82 212 Inters were produced throughout the car's lifespan.​

Ghia_Ferrari_212-Inter-0145E_1951_04.jpg
_p3t3921_9083.jpg
Vignale_Ferrari_212_Inter_Europa_Coupe_0287EU_11.jpg
Ferrari-212-Inter-Vignale-Notchback-Coupe-47893.jpg
Ferrari-212-Inter-Pinin-Farina-Cabriolet-41245.jpg
Ferrari-212-Inter-Pinin-Farina-Cabriolet-41238.jpg
_c5a3995_9083.jpg

Good lord, this thing has an ugly ass. Everything else about it is absolutely gorgeous but that rear needs some help.

Cool.

Meh. It's boring. You see a Corvette, a DB4 and then this. I guess the GTO and California have spoiled me for looks. For me, this one ain't got it.

Wire wheels in the 1950's!?! And only 150hp from a V12, what a joke. Seriously uncool.

This idea always peaks my interest. I am the 'murican type that loves huge big blocks in tanks with tons of power however, I've driven several small, light cars with little engines and little power. Very spirited and oh so fun to drive. I've owned the gamut sorta and there are many aspects to like in each area to me.

A 2.6 could have more, I have an old mitsu with a 2.6 turbo 4 cyl that puts out prolly 250 but the car is way heavier. It's one of my fav cars.

Ken
I like her ass.
I think it's the lack of bumper on the red on that I don't like. Take the bumper off of the silver blue convertible and slap it on the red one and I'd likely have a different/more favorable opinion.

While I do think there were more beautiful cars at the time and I also prefer the Maseratis, it isn't the 250 that the majority of people who do know a thing or two about pre-70's Ferrari think about. This was one of Enzo's first endeavors that I'm aware of in making a road-legal car, so there was still experimenting to do, as much as I think he is scum.

For me, sub-zero.

@MrWaflz55 I wouldn't count on it.

The car is kinda neat, but I can't stand to see people driving these. (not that I do)
One of the most uncool cars to show up to anything in.
SU

Sorry

Not the prettiest thing - though some versions are nicer than others.

2.6l V12 :)

Cool.

Of course it's cool, it's a classic Ferrari. Drops a point down from SZ just because it'll be a multi-million dollar museum piece before you know it (if not already) and that doesn't give it top billing for me.

Compared to contemporary and earlier designs from Ferrari or any other, it's a challenge to find anything more modern or trend setting. So it must be cool.

Did it reach a zenith of design for the front engine coupe sports car from which there was a subsequent decline? No. I think the visual zenith came with the 275 GTB/4.

Last edited:
Built and sold to fund Ferrari's F1 programme. There are better looking and more stylish cars from the early 50's period. Meh.

only 150hp
Yeah, when you could have had a hemi in 1952 with 10 more ponies...but it needed 121 more cubes to get there. Then there's Cadillac's 331 putting out 170 at 331 cubic inches. :rolleyes:
TB
I think it's the lack of bumper on the red on that I don't like.
Then go for the black and green Vignale-bodied car; it had two.

ferrari-212-inter-vignale-03.jpg

:P

I guess the GTO and California have spoiled me for looks.
The former of which didn't come out until a decade later.

Back