jaguar-c-type-1.jpg

Body style: 2-door roadster
Engine: 3.4L I6
Power: 205bhp-220 hp
Torque: 220 lb-ft
Weight: 920-965 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive
Additional info: Won the 24 hours of Le Mans on its debut in 1951. Achieved a 1,2,4 finish in 1953. 53 produced.​
3_0.jpg
MO15_r212_005 (1).jpg
DSC_3526.jpg
Auction-On-The-Way-12-Million-Jaguar-C-Type-Works-Lightweight-4.jpg
5400292107_2dac112f42_b.jpg

Glorified XK120 looking at its best in Ecurie Ecosse appearance.

Also. XK engine.

Cool.

Parrot faced C-Type > Catfish D-Type front end. Barely.

Still pulled off the Ecurie Ecosse look better than anything else. A cool cat.

I have mixed feelings for this one. Looks very classy and weird at the same time.

Still, I have to give it a cool.

Not as drop dead gorgeous as the D, but still utterly lovely.

Sub zero.

Might look like other 50s cars but they're equally beautiful and cool.
I dunno about this. There are a handful from this general time period (post-war through 1960 or so) that transcends things somewhat, like the E-Type and 300SL; but I think some of the cars of this time (even a few of the Ferraris) are so interchangeable in styling, and so unattainable, and so far removed from what made them desirable in the first place (won Le Mans in 1951 and 1953? So what?) that they have to be judged separate from their historical context.

Last edited:
A AM that looks like a Austin-Healey but would become a successful car in the Le Mans stage.

Sub-Zero because it looks....gorgeous.

Impeccable racing record aside, it really doesn't look all that great when you shake off the obligation to think any classic and successful car with a legendary badge on it just has to be pretty.

I read of it's record and look at the car and don't think "Wow! What an incredible machine! I wish I could own this one day.", but rather "Oh it won twice, neat."

Meh.

Back