Torque: 48-49 lb-ft
Weight: 650 kg
Transmission: push button 3 speed automatic, 3 and 4 speed manual
Drivetrain: RR
377021.jpg

classic_and_sports_car_buyers_guide_renault_dauphine_WW_on_the_road.png

1200px-Want_it%3F_%286438706249%29.jpg

907e734f0350284b9177e8c3d2c7891a.jpg

It's a small commuter car from over 60 years ago, it's not fast or fun or nothing (Although it is light as hell). That said, it looks nice, rear-engine cars are always interesting, and it's French, so that's enough to get a "cool" from me.

The car that was so unreliable that it went from America’s best-selling imported car (it actually sold in surprisingly high numbers here) to forcing Renault to mail out a formal apology and refund its Dauphine buyers, effectively tarnishing the brand’s reputation badly enough that it abandoned the US market altogether. SU for those reasons.

Last edited:
These were terrible. SU

Ranked #9 on Car Talk's list of the Worst Cars of the Millennium, nominated by listeners and former owners. Some of the reasons given were quite hilarious, like "Truly unencumbered by the engineering process." & "A side impact by a bicycle totaled my Dauphine after only one year."

This thread is apparently mimicking the Dauphine itself. It's plucky and small and didn't last very long. Try and get some more votes in it before it dies completely and Renault pulls out of the U.S. market closes next Monday.

Last edited:
Kind of cute! It doesn't have any real personality or any kind of serious persona, but it sure looks pretty! I guess I'm in the middle here regarding this car. Meh is my call for this car.

Back