Body Style:
2-door convertible
Engine: 3.0L V12
Power: 240hp
Torque: 203 lb-ft
Weight: 1200kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: 106 cars were built, 50 long wheelbase models and 56 short wheelbase models. Despite being intended for road use only, a handful did see some time on the track in official sanctioned events - chassis 1451GT scored a 5th overall and 3rd in class at the 1959 24 Hours of Le Mans, chassis 1603GT scored the same results at the 1960 12 Hours of Sebring and chassis 2015GT suffered a DNF at the 1961 24 Hours of Le Mans while running 11th overall late in the race.

Cool. Would have been SZ if it did have 5-speed MT already back then but not yet for this one.

SZ. One of the prettiest Ferraris ever built. That could be said about pretty much any of the 250 cars though.

For those interested in serial numbers like me, the darker red one is the very first one built, the prototype - chassis 0769GT. It enjoyed a very brief racing career - two races in Puerto Rico in 1961. The one without bumpers is chassis 2871GT. Not sure about the black one.

SZ for me. I’m obsessed with everything vintage and Ferrari.

Last edited:
Cool. Would have been SZ if it did have 5-speed MT
Implied-Facepalm.jpg

Subzero because Ferrari, of course. But even with me being a huge Fezza shill, I still don't understand a bit of the hype around the 250 line. Sure, they're beautiful cars, but I don't think it looks noticeably more incredible than any other car with a similar shape produced in the era. It seems like everyone gravitates towards the 250 by default when coming up with lists of "best looking cars ever made", despite there being many other cars of similar shape which hardly ever get mentioned in the same place.

Subzero because Ferrari, of course. But even with me being a huge Fezza shill, I still don't understand a bit of the hype around the 250 line. Sure, they're beautiful cars, but I don't think it looks noticeably more incredible than any other car with a similar shape produced in the era. It seems like everyone gravitates towards the 250 by default when coming up with lists of "best looking cars ever made", despite there being many other cars of similar shape which hardly ever get mentioned in the same place.

Because the vast majority of people know very little about 50's/60's sports cars... but they've all heard of the 250GTO (because famous/$30M price tag etc).

Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Lancia all built some really beautiful cars during that period... but these cars son't diminish just how special the 250 series is... the GT SWB & Lusso and California SWB & LWB are still amongst the most beautiful cars ever built.

Because the vast majority of people know very little about 50's/60's sports cars... but they've all heard of the 250GTO (because famous/$30M price tag etc).

Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Lancia all built some really beautiful cars during that period... but these cars son't diminish just how special the 250 series is... the GT SWB & Lusso and California SWB & LWB are still amongst the most beautiful cars ever built.
Probably it was one of the most original epitome of its kind during that era and then of course, you've got that big nameplate there to make it stand out from the others.

It's Wayne Carini off of Chasing Classic Cars. No idea if he has bladder control issues ;)

Back