GTP Cool Wall: 1957 Chevrolet 150/210/Bel-Air. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 39 comments

57 Chevy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted cool but I won't complain at all if it's in the Sub-Zero category like what niky said above me.

It is truly the car I think about when I think 50's Americana like most of the posters on this thread.

oh please, this was not even necesary.

I hear you all people that say that this car is way overdone and that everyone and their mother wants a 57 Chevy; I also agree with whomever said it's the picture aside of "50s car" in the dictionary.

That is not what makes it cool, nor the fact that it is indeed an icon. neither because it was a decent car back in the day, today its a total turd. Nah, the clasicnessnessnessss of the design is what makes this thing cool, as almost every other 50s car I can think of. Heck, even the really weird late 50s cars with incredibly strange fins and all that are cool because of their absolute excess and the absolute lack of ergonomics. It was a different time when style and a V8 werethe only important thing anyway. That is why every 50s car is cool today. They are absolute strangers to the world of lame every-day cars today, these were the every-day cars of the era. Aveo? please, if anything coming off Detroit that you can actually drive daily had half this carisma and was half this exciting, it would be awesome.

Ahhh... What a car!!! Of course Sub-Zero!!! The car looks cool and the design is just fantastic!!!!

On top of that, it's Chevy :)

Cool.

I like the '57.
I love the '55.

I was watching some Barrett-Jackson a while back and saw a '57 Bel Air, black on black, with a small amount of (factory) gold trim. It looked stunning.

The 57 Chevy has been deemed Sub-Zero, the first car to do so that isn't an exotic.

The Viper would still be considered an exotic though, a 57 Chevy was more or less the average family car for it's day. It would be like us putting the Camry in sub-zero now.

Back