1960 Chrysler 300F nominated by @Snikle

621246.jpg

Body Style:
2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 6.8L V8
Power: 375-400 hp
Torque: 525 lb-ft
Weight: 1950 kg
Transmission: 3-speed push-button TorqueFlite auto, 4-speed Pont-à-Mousson manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Info: Production is 969 coupes and 248 convertibles - Only 15 believed to have been produced with the French manual (which was built for Facel Vega, who used the same engine), and only 4 are still accounted for - Swivelling front seats were standard equipment - Special "cross-ram" intake manifold to increase power at lower rpms - The 300F was the first 300 letter series car to be unibody

Cool. It was cool when it came out and it's probably just as cool now. The 300F has a stylish grille compared to some of the other iterations of the 300, but looked less ostentatious and ritzy than the Cadillacs of this time, which is actually a plus.

Like I said in the nomination (IIRC), this is my favorite of the 300 letter series cars. The 300C from 1957 seems to be more famous or something (It's the one that got a Hot Wheels car) but I think this one looks better than that one, and some of the other letter series cars are even a bit ugly compared to this one. The 300F is a good-looking late 50s car with good stats to boot. SZ

Back