Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 2.5L 90-degree V8
Power: 210-220 hp (depends who you ask)
Torque: 188 lb-ft
Weight: 810 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, eear wheel drive
Additional Info: 12 units of this car were made between 1963 and 1965 by former Ferrari employees from the "Palace Revolution" at Ferrari in 1961. The ATS in the name stands for Automobili Turismo e Sport. This was the first Italian-made car (and one of the first GT cars) to use the mid-engine layout. ATS wanted to beat out Ferrari, but got swept under the rug of obscurity due to poor performance and bankruptcy, but seemingly came back to life in 2012 with newer projects.​

628-1.jpg
ats3.png
ats2500gtscaglioneandal.jpg
33-ATS_2500_GT.JPG

I didn't know ATS made their own cars. I thought they just formed a breakaway F1 team in contrast to the Scuderia.

Huh, you live and learn.

I thought it looked like a kit car knockoff of an Alpine A110 at first. Small V8 in a sub-tonne car should make it pretty fast for it's time.

Cool.

Last edited:
Ouch, the interior pic almost made me go for a Cool.

But no, despite this, this is a gorgeous car.

SZ.

This was an interesting car that I found out about just perusing the web. Really interesting how the company got founded, and this is not a bad looking classic and rare car either.

Sub-Zero.

High cool. From an era where they were still getting their heads around how to package and style a mid-engined road car.

Earns a SZ for the interesting distinction of being one of the first mid-engined V8s, instead of yet another mid-engined V8. The name is vaguely familiar but I didn't know about this one.

The modern homage is also a surprise discovery. They apparently haven't finished it for production yet, but word is that it's sub-1000kg, with a potent boxer-4 driving the rear wheels through a 6-speed manual. Per one article: "ATS says it's revived the same sense of 'spirit, purity and simplicity' as sports cars had back then."

How can a vehicle look so good from every angle except for the side profile? Good grief, that is hideous.

Expected some obscure microcar, but was pleasantly surprised. This thing is gorgeous. SZ.

Same here. Expected something like the previous Maserati that while pretty, still conforms to being a 'generic' old car. This thing looks fit for a cameo in a 1960s comic book. Gorgeous!

I know I've said it a few times, but this is the fastest sub-zero I've ever given. Can't even register it in nano-seconds.

I've never heard of this.

Now that I have, I'm disappointed in myself for not knowing about it earlier.

Back