Engines:
5.4L V8 (Chevrolet 327)
Power: 300 hp
Torque: 360 lb-ft.
Weight: 1436 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Despite the car's troublesome past with low production numbers caused by issues with parts suppliers, as well as an unrealistically low selling price which ended up crippling the British-based firm, the Giugiaro-designed GK1’s survival rate is impressive due primarily to its fibreglass body. 90 of the 100 examples built are still accounted for today. Even with so few examples remaining, the average selling price is substantially lower than what many of its better-known GT rivals from the same era are currently worth."​
zn2raSd.jpg

YDTIlcX.png

nh5bwlj.jpg

a8HVFwY8.jpg

x4AFHca.png

60s GT with nice looks, plus a V8 putting out a nice amount of horsepower for the time period. Cool. 👍

The front just doesn’t work with the rest of the design.
Depends on what you mean by front end.

I love the fascia and think it works tremendously with the rest of the car, but the leading edge of the front arches is just a smidge (okay, a couple inches) too far from the headlights. I say increase the wheelbase those two inches--it'll help with the aesthetics as well as the weight distribution when that iron head/block V8 probably weighs 550lbs or more.

The front end is very French, the rear is pure British and the rest of the body looks very Italian.

The greenhouse is too high but like the BMW E9 it manages to pull it off.

The end result is loaded with character and manages to look classy and sporty, yet subtle.

Cool.

The front end is very French
Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but I'm curious if you're citing anything in particular. I feel everything (aesthetically) below the beltline is Italian whereas everything above is exceedingly British. :P

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but I'm curious if you're citing anything in particular. I feel everything (aesthetically) below the beltline is Italian whereas everything above is exceedingly British. :P

It's very Italian, as styled by Bertone. But also quite British, as Bertone styled many other British cars of the period too :)

I can think of loads of British and Italian cars that it's similar too, but as you say, none that are French.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but I'm curious if you're citing anything in particular.
It's probably the slanted headlights that has a smell of Peugeot about them.
I was positive that I'd seen an old Renault with the exact same face but I don't know the model and a quick Google search suggest I might have been wrong there.

Back