open roadster
Engine: 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, or 1.6 air-cooled VW horizontally opposed 4-cylinder
Power: 40-60 HP
Torque: 65-82 lb-ft
Weight: 544-726kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: rear-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: top speed: 80-100mph

Solid cool. It’s perfect for a cruise on the beach, just like it’s other VW siblings.

I've seen the Meyers Manx a few times before. I think it's a very cool machine. I'm not going to say it's sublime, but it's pretty awesome. So tab me for "Cool" on this one.

I've always wanted to get one of these. Well, one of the many versions out there. Meyers is of course the most iconic brand, but there are a lot of cool fiberglass kits for those old VW chassis. I'd like to build one like this and drop a Tesla drivetrain or a 12at into it.
27905597.jpg

I honestly do not understand the appeal of these things. :lol:

I have to abstain, only because looking at this car genuinely gives me no reaction, so it's hard for me to pin down if it's cool or not.

I don't hate these, but there's virtually nothing cool about them. These are driven by some of the most uncool people imaginable.

Haha, so blunt, but so true. The couple I've seen were owned by men that were slightly fat, balding, and middle-aged (or slightly older). I don't mean to be judgmental toward people who fit that description, but it is an almost stereotypical combination of features, and it's not a cool one. I do like the Manx, I get the appeal of such a toy, but it's definitely not cool.

Latest Posts

Back