• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1965-1971 Nissan Cedric 130 nominated by @mustafur

Nissan_Cedric_H130_Special_Six.jpg

Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 4-door wagon, 3-door van
Engines: 2.0L H20 I4, 2.0L J20 I6, 2.0L L20 I6, 2.3L L23 I6, 2.4L L24 I6, 2.2L SD22 diesel I4, 4.0L Y40 V8
Power: 70 hp (2.2L Diesel)-197 hp (4.0L V8)
Torque: 123-237 lb-ft
Weight: 1280kg
Transmission: 3 speed automatic, 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Designed by Pininfarina the Cedric was Designed as a Compact Luxury car that Sat under the Nissan President in the range.​

130Cedric.jpg
130Cedric-rear.jpg
Nissan_Cedric_Van_130_001.JPG
DSC_0446.JPG

The Y40/44 V8 has always intrigued me. A Japanese small block Chevy of sorts. The car has a goofy name, but it has good lines, and a good mix of period power trains.

Cool.

The one in the main picture doesn't look too bad, aside from the fender mirrors. V8 is interesting, but only 49/hp per liter. :rolleyes: :P

Also seems to be named after a hotel bellhop or a butler.

Designed by Pininfarina
That makes it all the more impressive that, looking on Google, every restyle it seems to have had looks like a generic amalgamation of styling cues that Detroit had already moved away from several years prior to its introduction.

That makes it all the more impressive that, looking on Google, every restyle it seems to have had looks like a generic amalgamation of styling cues that Detroit had already moved away from several years prior to its introduction.
This was in the Copy everything America and Europe makes era of Japanese car though, so it is to be expected.

images_nissan_cedric_1967_1_800x600.jpg
The Pininfarina touch is obvious if not very similar to the Fiat 124.

Last edited:
The Pininfarina touch is obvious if not very similar to the Fiat 124.
I'm not seeing much 124 in there.
Every time I see this car brought up somewhere I can't help but think of this dude...

032013-celebs-cedric-the-entertainer-to-host-who-wants-to-be-a-millionare.jpg
The license plate should be

NTRTNR

:P

- - - - -

I think the first picture looks fantastic but the others, not so much. Especially the wagon.

Opting for cool.

From what i can gather, the V8 engined version was just a handful made for Police use. Not sold to the public.

The most power this really had was 131hp from the L24.

Last edited:
These things have a cult following from the car modding scene. But like most Japanese stuff of the period, they are basically junk - similar build quality and rust resistance to British and Italian cars of that era.

Bland and boring.

Uncool.

I know nothing about these cars except it looks damned cool in the OP pic, plus someone at Nissan thought the name 'Cedric' was a winner. Doubly cool!

From what i can gather, the V8 engined version was just a handful made for Police use. Not sold to the public.

The most power this really had was 131hp from the L24.
Which is about as common as the rest of the models.

Then again the majority of those left are likely to have an RB Engine under the bonnet now.

There's not a cool Cedric in the world.
Nonsense.

One of my friends is called Cedric and he's one cool mutha 🤬. Very popular with the ladies and is quite the martial artist. Oh and he makes cool music too. What's not cool about that?

Car in the OP looks cool.

Didn't a later version of this become the standard Tokyo taxi? I seem to vaguely remember an issue of Top Gear Magazine where they reviewed it in the new cars section and gave it a 18/20. Mainly because it had doily seat covers, I think...

This version, though... I kinda like it, but it's not eliciting a strong reaction from me. Meh.

I'm leaning towards cool with this one. Never heard of this car until now, but after seeing it I think it looks nice inside and out, especially with a 4.0 V8.

It's not that bad, I dig the looks mostly. This was also Nissan very back then there. The first one in the OP is pretty sexy though.

That's a low cool.

Back