• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1966-1973 Fiat Dino Coupé/Spider nominated by @tarnheld
5420959172_9d5fe2d293_b.jpg

Engines:
2.0L V6 (Ferrari Dino), 2.4L V6 (Ferrari Dino)
Power: 2.0: 158 hp; 2.4: 178 hp
Torque: 2.0: 163 lb-ft.; 2.4: 216 lb-ft.
Weight: 1150-1380 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door spider
Additional Info: "Coupé by Bertone, Spider by Pininfarina, same engines as the Ferrari-built Dino 206/246 GT"​
fiat-dino-spider-01.jpg

fiat_dino_1967_pictures_1.jpg

59_1.jpg

9710381835_6ca54d8c26_b.jpg

D7K_5311.JPG

fiat-dino-spider-03.jpg

fiat-dino-16.jpg

images_fiat_dino_1967_1.jpg

fiat_dino_MG_9706.JPG

Lovely design, engines with character and a pricetag that works better than a Dino's. The only real issues that drag it down are the classic Italian reliability (or the problems with it, to be more precise) and the relative rarity of the car. Still, it's a junior Ferrari without the huge pricetag attached to such honor.

I'll sneak in a Sub-Zero for that gorgeous Spider; Pininfarina sure knew how to design convertibles in the 1960-1970's, huh? :drool:

Handsome enough as a Coupe. Plain gorgeous as a Spider.

Personally, I wouldn't have lumped both versions together in a single nomination as they're more than a mite bit dissimilar from each other externally. Although both manage to fall under the broader cool part of the spectrum anyway.

Last edited:
The only real issues that drag it down are the classic Italian reliability

That really isn't that much of an issue. It all went poop in the mid 70's. This is just as reliable as any other classic car. But more stylish.

Sub zero, looks great and had a wonderful engine.
Also, the shifter position is similar to that of an Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce.

That really isn't that much of an issue. It all went poop in the mid 70's. This is just as reliable as any other classic car. But more stylish.

Perhaps, although some Italian cars pile up more poop on top of an already poopy general reliability. But it is more stylish, which is why I still gave it a SZ. It's only a minor knock for me, the lack of reliability.

An attractive alternative to the Ferrari version, as well as having the same engine.

Cool.

Sorry to crush your dreams, but the Spiders are selling for about $100k. Coupes are about half that.

Ouch. That's one way to shatter hopes and dreams... :(

Don't worry, I'm not being that serious about what I just said, it's only obvious that the car's rarity is now paying its due price.

That's better than a few hundred thousand. The Fiat versions are achievable. The Ferrari? Nah.
308 GT4s are still a good buy. Shame they are kinda ugly though. It's basically a 308 GTB underneath, so they drive pretty good.

206 and 246 Dinos on the other hand....big money!

I love these little things--I mean, who'd expect a car of this type from this period would have a V6? (much less one shared with a Ferrari)--but only one Fiat will ever garner a SZ vote from me. Cool. But stunning.

I'm sorry, but I've never been a fan of classic styling. The spider model in particular just looks so... Bland!

Seriously. Un. Cool. End of story.

Sub zero on that steering wheel alone. Just look at that. I'd sit in there just to stare at it.

Everything else is not bad either. The ragtop is amazing.

Back