GTP Cool Wall: 1969 Pontiac Trans-Am. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 44 comments

1969 Pontiac Trans-Am

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool.(3.1416 %:lol:) It's not a chevelle but it's still a muscle car (Muscle cars = Cool to Sub zero depending on which one).

I'm getting a little tired of the asshattedness that is coming with these cool wall things, if you disagree with someone give a reason why you disagree with them. Don't just say someone fails for not like the car or tell them their opinion on the car is flat out wrong. We all have our own preferences with cars and what we think is cool or uncool.

SUB-ZERO - it's a muscle car !!!!!

Not the most prolific muscle car thrown out there by General Motors,however the Pontiac Motor Division did a fairly descent job by throwing this car into the muscle car scene,not the fastest of the muscle cars out there,but it could hold it's own - respectably so.

It was highly overshadowed by it's sister car "Camaro" by a wide margin,simply because Chevy had more packages to offer in 1969 - ( SS - RS - RS/SS - Z28 - Z28/RS ), and Chevy offered more of an engine variety as well - ( the highly sought after 302 - 350 - 396 - 427 ).

Nope, Firebird-T/A was always better. 'Specially in the pre-Chevy-engine days.

*shakes head*

I prefer my Bowtie small-blocks, and that's that. The clean and simple, otherwise understated nature of the Z/28 just makes it that much better in my opinion. If it weren't for the asshats that constantly ruin Z/28s by turning them into drag cars, they would have remained legitimate, track-derrived legends that dominated Trans-Am racing.

But the Trans-Am was named after Trans-Am racing, so it wins.
Of course, the IROC-Z was paradoxically better than the Trans-Am because that was named after IRoC, so its very confusing. I once posted a handy guide for this very discussion (JCE might remember it), but I can't find it.

Also:

I rest my case.

The Camaro would be a cool car, but with the grill on this Pontiac it's totally wrong and just because it's a muscle car it dose not make it cool. Sorry, I voted uncool I preffer the front end of the Camaro's better.

I never could understand two same chassis with different front and back ends being two different cars it feels like one or the other is a knock off. Too cheap to design a totally different car.

Hmm? maybe should start a thread on knock off cars.

I sit between cool and uncool on this one. It's a muscle car so it should be cool, but there's just something about it that prevents me from voting that way. I don't feel strongly enough to vote it uncool, though.

The second-gen versions were much cooler to me. Preferably as a targa.

I didn't vote for or against the Chevelle... couldn't make up my mind.

But the TransAm? I like. Pig-ugly nose, but it has a certain appeal.

And the name. TA. TA... sort of like Time Attack... or T**s and A**. :lol:

Sub-zero. 69% please. :D

Back