Torque: 340 lbs-ft
Weight: 1595 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive​

1971-1978-maserati-bora-568_1113_969X727.jpg
MASERATIBora-3128_4.jpg
maserati-bora-[5275].jpg
MASERATIBora-3128_7.jpg

Biggest pile of crap I've ever worked on. Hydraulic pedals, seat adjustment, everything leaked. Exhaust doesn't sound that great and the styling isn't that pretty IMO. Uncool.

I love the seat design though.

Much cleaner styling than the V6 Merak. A shame it didn't get the recognition it deserves.

Cool.

Just as ugly as the Merak, interior looks alright and it has a decent amount of power, overall uncool.

I see plenty of Alfa Montreal (badge engineering?), and to me, the Montreal is pretty cool. This is also cool.

Cool, I personally like the design and look of it. As my I.T teacher said over my shoulder as I was looking at it "There's something 70's about it"

Unique car designs can either be really stylish, or an ugly mess, and this car falls into the former. Cool.

This car made me think of Magnum P.I. as well as Miami Vice.. I know, they had Ferraris, but still.. Cool.

I like it but it's one of the ugliest things Maserati made. Other cars from that time are much better.

An extremely low Cool.

Clean. Rakish. A stunner through and through. Almost half as cool as VW's Bora...

Sub Zero.

Last edited:
Ah, the Bora. I learnt about this car when James May drove it on Top Gear. No, I didn't fall in love with it, but my dad liked it quite a lot, and I don't have any reason to dislike this car. Cool.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not a fan of the design; something just seems off somehow. Mixed with the typically horrendous Italian reliability, makes this one Uncool.

Probably the closest thing to a mid-engined 60s grand tourer there ever was. And it does looks great.

Very high cool.

Perhaps worthy of another thread, but I wonder if any franchise will ever pick up on the pre-80s Maseratis? The likes of the Bora, Merak, Ghibli and earlier models have always been a little conspicuous by their absence. Even Forza eschewed the more exotic Shamal in favour of the Biturbo.

Back