799px-Land_Rover_101_Forward_Control_2.jpeg

Body Style: 2 door truck
Engine: 3.5-litre Rover V8
Power 120 hp
Torque: 176 lb-ft
Weight: 1,924 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual + 2-speed transfer case
Drivetrain: Front engine, all wheel drive
Additional Information: Gun tractors built for the British military that went on to serve as ambulances and mobile radio outposts. Glacial, square. Currently decommissioned and in retirement.​
e5d223650003e3ddc2f3ee538f85ff0f.jpg
2.jpg
101fc-030-L.jpg
IMG_1750.JPG
1972-101-forward-control-14.jpg

3729506883_a2f52dbc87_b.jpg
1976_Land_Rover_101_For_Sale_cab.jpg

Military vehicles are cool if they're Russian. Many UK military machines are much cooler than this.

Meh.

WTF? It's an out of commission military vehicle. How does this even get nominated?

SUBMV
Anything can be nominated as long as it isn't a race car or a concept car. Hell, someone nominated the Lunar Rover...

Anyway, there will never be a day when I don't want one to put a Jag V12 in it. Even stock it's a SZ for me, because I'm a sucker for old military things.

I should have added "fictional taxis" to the additional info. There used to be one parked round the back of my old workplace years ago. Somewhat cool to see it in working order.

Otherwise, this is just a military left-over. Albeit a classic of sorts. Uncool.

Anything can be nominated as long as it isn't a race car or a concept car.

That would be modified cars. Concepts that aren't just hollow, wholly static displays have always been eligible and will remain so. For now.

While the part of me that loves old military curiosities thinks it's Cool, I fully recognize that out on the street with the general population, it certainly wouldn't be. SU.

Interesting vehicle, using what I think is the legendary Rover V8. But it's severely underpowered, even if the torque figure is higher than the horsepower figure. Not really good for a military vehicle. Meh for me.

Back