GTP Cool Wall: 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger R/T VH (E49 pack)

1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger R/T VH (E49 pack)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger R/T VH (E49 pack) nominated by @Murcie_LP640
rte4939.jpg

Engines:
265 ci (4.3L) I6 (Chrysler HEMI six-pack)
Power: 302 hp
Torque: 320 lb-ft.
Weight: 1375 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "With a tested 0-60mph time of 6.1secs and a 1/4 mile of 14.2secs, the Valiant E49 Charger was the fastest accelerating Australian production car for 30 years until the release of the Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo."​
Chrysler_VH_Valiant_Charger_R-T_HEMI_Six-Pack_1.jpg

Chrysler_VH_Valiant_Charger_R-T_HEMI_Six-Pack.jpg

Valiant_VH_Charger.JPG

Chrysler_Valiant_VH_Charger_RT.jpg

car_photo_304855_25.jpg

5183984983_e131f85599_b.jpg

1972ChryslerValiantCharger_03_700.jpg

Gets a low cool from me, would be higher if it didn't have the same light arrangement as a Morris Marina as Famine pointed out. That pink actually looks quite sexy though.

Always loved these things. Proof that you don't need a V8 to provide exceptional performance, coincidentally a point further proven with the XR6 Turbo that dethroned the Charger for this (admittedly quite specific) record.

It also comes in pink and surprisingly looks damn good while doing so.

Easy Sub-Zero.

Gets a cool from me just because Aussies bothered to get that much power out of NA I6 instead of cramming a V8 in there.

I'm torn. It's a muscle car that's fairly light, that didn't resort to the usual V8, which earns it some points in my book. But it's pretty bland looking, has that questionable coloured grille, and the second half of its name sounds like a printer.

Cool. Muscle car with a HEMI 6 that I think looks alright, even if it does have the grille of a Morris Marina.

Uncool. You'd have to be a bit of a muscle car geek to be aware of it - I'm getting there with muscle cars and I'd never heard of it - and even if you had heard of it, it's not one of the truly desirable ones.

I'm sure we've had the discussion about certain option packs in these threads before, so there's that to content with.

Plus, 'E49 Pack' does sound a bit like a brand of tampons, or dermatitis cream or something.

Cool, I know little about Aus muscle cars and this one is nice enough, and pretty damn fast. Lower cool though because every time I see one of the pics I feel the need to shout "M...m...m...MAREGRO"

Throwing in a heavily massaged six was always a really nifty, "do it ourselves" comparison to the USDM Duster. Kinda like what would have come about over at Pontiac if they hadn't dropped the OHC-6 from the Firebird Sprint.

For the uninitiated, Aussie chargers did come available with both the 340 and 360 V8s, but this highly strung inline 6 made mince meat of them... along with everything else that dared line up at the lights for 30 years.

Its probably a shame the engine never made it onto American soul, because by now it would be getting the praise and recognition it truly deserves. It's worth thinking about just how the car industry may have turned out if US based Chrysler executives had the guts to take the punt.

Sub Zero. If there was a cooler rating I'd give it that.

[QUOTE="The Wall, post: 10877693]Chrysler[/QUOTE]About 95% of all possible cars that could follow this name are uncool, and the other 5% mostly consists pre-WW2 vehicles.

Back