z23CVYV.png

Body Style: 2-Door Coupe
Engine: 4.7L V8
Power: 310 hp
Torque: 325 ft-lbs
Weight: 1400 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Street legal, with the engine sourced from a Maserati Bora.​
oRebUeR.png
gBXwrfj.png
njslGZQ.png
2DUcAdm.png
evfI1ix.png

Oh look. A 70s wedge.

The only interesting thing about this is the steering wheel (which I'm surprised something no manufacturer tried) but even that is let down quite a bit how it looks like some guy made it out of stuff he found in his backyard.

Body looks like a 70's kit car and the interior looks like it was modeled by a blind person.

Uncool.

Not that good looking of a car. Not overly interesting, as it's really not unique. Look at the the Alfa Romeo Carabo, the Ferrari PF Modulo, the Holden Hurricane RD001, the Dome, the Lancia Stratos Zero, or even to some effect, the Countach. The steering wheel looks like it would be more of a distraction that it would benefit. If forces your hands to be at ten and two. Otherwise, you can't tell how fast your going. Finally, the interior reminds me of this:

th

Uncool.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that with the 15° windshield rake, you could just barely see out of it.

Last edited:
Italian Dome Zero with a funky steering wheel. SU.

Sub zero. From a time when car companies were trying insane stuff. And that steering wheel.

Trying insane stuff in terms of technology as well as trying an insane amount of drugs. :lol:

Maserati is one of the best sounding car names out there, Boomerang sounds like the name a company would put on a crappy hatchback. It just doesn't work...

Seriously Uncool.

As much as I love the 70s Italian wedge concept cars, they're, even if equipted with working engine and driveline, so absolutely unsuitable for what cars are traditionally meant to do that they aren't really even cars anymore. They're pieces of modern art, sculptures that happen to resemble cars and look like something that at the time was thought to be what spaceships would look like, and as such I'm afraid they're really rather uncool.

As for thee steering wheel, it litarally gives no hint of which direction the wheels are pointing at the particular time, unless you're moving fast enough to have a crash. I would consider that as an inconvenience.

It feels like it's on a scale completely perpendicular to the cool/uncool scale. It's not a cool car, but it's too awesome to be uncool. Meh feels like a cop-out, because whatever else it is, it's not a "meh" car. There ain't nothing meh about it.

Voting meh, with the understanding that meh = weird in this particular case.

When I read the title, I was like "dang, which one was it?" I knew fully well it was a weirdo 70s concept car thingamabob but I couldn't put the finger on which one it was. As soon as I saw it it was like OH HELL YUSS THAT ONE! and instantly went sub absolutely freaking zero.

1972 Maserati Boomerang nominated by @Jahgee

View attachment 488887

Body Style: 2-Door Coupe
Engine: 4.7L V8
Power: 310 hp
Torque: 325 ft-lbs
Weight: 1400 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Street legal, with the engine sourced from a Maserati Bora.​
Is this the Dome Zero's twin? I mean they look the same.
images

images

And since these cars look like mini spaceships or cars from Back to the Future, it's a Uncool for me.

Back