Body style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 6.9-liter V8
Power: 286 HP / 4250 rpm
Torque: 405 lb-ft / 3000 rpm
Weight: 1300 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, Rear wheel drive​
Additional Information:
In 1974, Sbarro presented at the Geneva Motor Show its latest creation: the Stash. This three-seater coupe has been designed on the basis of SV1 with a more harmonious design. Two body styles are offered: coupé or cabriolet (targa type), the latter being called HS.
The chassis, similar to the SV1, consists of a central beam connected to a tubular frame and a reinforced roll cage doubled, all drowned in two polyester cage. Braking is provided by four discs.
Abandoning the rotary engine of the SV1, the Stash is available with several engines. The first comes from Volkswagen, a 4-cylinder 1.8-liter K70 . The second is from Mercedes 450 SE. The third is a 6.9-liter V8, twice as powerful as the VW block, with 286 horsepower.
Such powers may not look apealing today, but we must remember that at the time an Alpine A110 developed 95 horses, a Ferrari 308 just 255 horses. The Stash is far from being under powered, even in 4-cylinder version. The version 6.9 equipped with the Mercedes reached 0 to 100 km/h in 6.4 seconds. Or roughly the performance of a Ferrari 308.
Only 5 of the Stash copies have been sold. The car has, as Sbarro said himself, "a beautiful appearance, it is convenient and relatively cheap." The Stash is unknown and did not get the attention it would have deserved. It is very difficult to know what these rare cars have become today.
Upo2dDt.jpg

Tm3RKZK.jpg

Ev6OOEp.jpg

rsedASH.jpg

b58f26_0dd51b0c0f5dd2aba93f5333aba04ffd.jpg

Best picture of the interior I can find:
uNaXqib.jpg

Don't know if I should go high meh or low cool, probably meh. It's not too bad looking but its kinda frumpy. I wish there was a better picture of the interior, looks wild. I'm going meh.

-Looks at the thread's title: Sbarro? Isn't that a restaurant?
-Me after entering: Ohhh...

Kinda looks like a kit car, but some pics look quite nice, and others look very poor. I think that makes it good enough for Meh.

This has to be the most generic Italian supercar from the 1970s that I’ve ever seen. It’s got the name of a Pizzeria, it looks somewhere between a Ferrari 308 and a Lamborghini Urraco and nobody on the planet has ever heard of it.

Must be cool.

Wasn't there a pizza company called Sbarro? That was my first thought when I saw the name of the manufacturer. This car's design reminds me of one of my all-time favorite cars- the DeTomaso Pantera GTS. This car is from the same decade, but it isn't as cool as the Pantera GTS. It's still Cool to me, though.

I want to hate it but I can't. It looks good, it's Italian, it's weird, it's unique enough that some nutter's probably kept this one running. Cool.

7 liter V8 and ONLY 280 HP?
It was designed to move a W116 Merc along briskly, not be a tire fryer. Plus it bowed in 1975 and was killed off after '81, a period that wasn't so great for big motors. It did put out over 400ft-lb of torque, but then that torque rose and fell quickly, peaking at 3000rpm.

I'd rather have the 6.9 in a Merc.

Uncool. And while I'm fond of slot mags, they're as out of place on this as they are on a Monica 560.

Last edited:
Has more than a whiff of kitcar about it's styling and detailing. Might be ironically cool to drive around Geneva or the French Riviera in one, but otherwise... Meh.

That rear... I don't like it, but it's just me.
Still love the front, although it's veeery similar to some Ferraris.
I'm in a low or mid cool.

Its not bad looking but not sublime like the Italian super cars of that era. It also seem to borrow a lot styling wise from those cars, with very little of its own. I'm still going to give it a cool, for its rarity, looks and being one of a very small number of cars made in Switzerland.

It looks like it has the same problem a lot of '70s mid-engine cars had, where the styling makes it too bulky on the outside and the engine layout makes it too cramped on the inside. If that picture of the gentleman behind the steering wheel is any indicator, this probably didn't have a manual transmission simply because there wasn't the room to fit a floor shifter.

I really do wish there was a proper interior photo somewhere though, because I'm really wondering why there appears to be pastel crescent carpeting obscuring the dashboard. Maybe that's a design prototype and the gauges weren't fitted into it? I dunno. Another mystery for the ages, I guess.

Meh. It is A Thing That Exists™, I suppose.

I was thinking cool until I saw the rear end of the car. I think I'm going for Meh instead.

Back