Weight: 1320 kg
Transmission: 5 speed manual and 4 speed automatic
Drivetrain: FWD
autowp.ru_lancia_gamma_berlina_7.jpg

gam1-1559828466.jpg

lancia-gamma-coup%C3%A9-5.jpg

1976-4_large.jpg

Lancia-Gamma-Interior.jpg

Alright, here's a car I know nothing about. I doubt it's very fun to drive and it's probably not reliable at all, but I'll give it a cool because I like how it looks. In the very, very small chance I ever see one on the road here in America, I'd be thinking it's cool.

Two door coupe is stylish. The 4 door much less so. I don't think the late 70's were Lancia's finest hour when it came to mechanical and build quality either. Meh.

Uhhh well, this one is very difficult.
There's a great deal of nostalgia regarding these Lancia models in Italy, and they're fondly remembered by people who owned it, but no one here will think that the Gamma range is as cool or interesting as the Beta one (except maybe for the Coupé, but even then, very few people remember it).
For a car guy these are interesting models in maybe one of the most diverse car lineup in Lancia's history, but yeah, for the most part they are quite forgotten.
Meh

It looks nice enough, largely because Pininfarina designed the body, but thanks to the whole rust scandal surrounding the Beta it unfairly has a rather poor reputation since everyone just assumes that all Lancias of that time were stamped out of recycled Soviet tank steel (they weren't, but unfounded rumors have a way of becoming undisputed fact when left unchecked).

That said, by most accounts it's pretty much a conventional vehicle. So, yeah. Pretty Meh, to be honest.

It this was just the coupe I would give this a sub-zero. It is a text book example of how to do a angular 3 box design. The 4 door is less successful, though I don't think these pictures do it any favours. Italian flat four engines, so sounds nice. Overall cool.

Latest Posts

Back