Drivetrain: rear-engine, rear wheel drive​
002.jpg

Porsche_911_SC_3.0_1982_Grandprix-white_renes_collectables_01.jpg

Untitled.jpg

porsche12.jpg

porsche_911_sc_targa_3.jpg
1983-1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

Love the coupe to death but the Targa brings it down. They always looked to me like a bad "no welding required" conversion offered by JC Whitney. Cool.

Obvious Sub-Zero for me. I prefer the '76 Turbo, but this is fine too :D.

Last edited:
SZ.
If I had to the chance to drive one for the day I'd take it.
If I had the chance to park it in my garage for a long term project I'd take it.
If it was the only thing I could get for daily driving I'd take it.

There are very few circumstances where I would not be happy to have this car.

I'm really not a fan of the old 911's - they look bland and don't appeal to me at all when you can get a 2015 GT3 RS with far better performance and style. However I do love the 935 which is based on this model line, but it doesn't bump it up to Cool. Uncool

Its a older Porsche and it has factory fuchs wheels easy SZ from me.

Also it is a older 911 you can find much cheaper than most other older 911s.

you can get a 2015 GT3 RS
Not only is a new GT3 RS so far beyond simply out of reach of countless people who could afford a 33-year-old 911, an SC isn't comparable to a GT3 RS even with regards to how it fits in its period product range. I mean, by that logic, Robin Masters (Magnum P.I.) should have driven a 458 Speciale instead of a 308GTS.

The 911 is a bit like Germany's variant of the Mustang. So many different versions where, in my opinion, the top-whack models are the most interesting.

This looks to suffer from the middle-child syndrome where it looks like a Turbo but doesn't go like a Turbo. A bit like a modern-day C4 GTS or something.

Meh.

Cool! We've had a '79 Targa in the family since it was new. Not one of the most sought after Porsches, but hey, it's a Porsche!

Last edited:
The 911's before the 993 were seen as something special, a special thing to drive, to look at, and something really cool, not just a status car. This was a purist car, still is. Sub Zero

Sub Zero, but why wasn't the lighter, 250bhp SC-RS included? Also, these used to be under 10k in SoCal.. Not anymore..

you can get a 2015 GT3 RS with far better performance and style.

?!

The GT3 RS is supremely impressive from a performance standpoint, no argument from me there. But it's about as stylish as a fluorescent double-breasted suit. With hot pink golf pants. And a diamond-studded top hat.

My 2nd favorite Porsche. This one looks like a evolution from what we know a Beetle from the past to a Porsche.

Cool.

Back