Engines:
3.4L I6 (BMW M30B34)
Power: 218 hp
Torque: 230 lb-ft.
Weight: 1430 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan
Additional Info: "The Original BMW Motorsport Tuned 5 series, and known to some as the "First BMW M5"."​
1980-bmw-m535i-e12-featuring.jpg

1609-11348207949-a.JPG

dls14_fzgbild-207.jpg

Dsc00188.jpg

bmw_m_535i_e12_right_front_view.jpg

BMW+E12+M535i-2.jpg

The body is getting too rare and the model is too obscure for idiots to replicate with a same generation 518 or 520. But with the spoiler it's on the limit of uncool and cool, which leaves the stripes to decide, whether it's cool or not. Unfortunately, the stripes were optional, which leaves me at the conclusion that it's both cool without them, and uncool with them.

The years dont seem right, are you sure you got the right years?

I could be wrong... i know the first M5 came later... but these... it seems a bit too early no?

Cool cars nevertheless...

This was before BMW drivers were known as douche bags, this was when BMW drivers were people who spent a little more for a quality product.

Cool.

Being overshadowed by the equivalent 6 Series nowadays makes these older 5s seem more special. Plus this is the only 5 that will ever get away with M stripes.

Cool.

The years dont seem right, are you sure you got the right years?

I could be wrong... i know the first M5 came later... but these... it seems a bit too early no?

Cool cars nevertheless...

The first M-tuned 5 Series Bimmers were E12s. They didn't drop the displacement numbers in the flagship M's model name until the E28 'M5'.

Cool. Handsome, not too showy, and this generation 5er has comfortably passed the "banger" phase, so can be regarded as a usable modern classic.

In black with the M Stripes it is a definite now. Would need to be silver or white for me to consider giving the striped version a cool. Un striped is a cool no matter the colour so cool it is.

Those stripes are... controversial. Would be sub zero if they didn't exist at all. Altough it pulls them off well.

Those stripes are... controversial. Would be sub zero if they didn't exist at all. Altough it pulls them off well.

You know as well as I do without those stripes the car would be down a good 50hp and just slow.

The Centre Exhuast gives it alot of Character, even when compared to the E28 M5, and bridges the Gap between the Classic and the Modern.

Not to mention these are getting very rare now and are fast becoming a collectors item, keep in mind unlike the E28 M535i, this is a Full M Model.

Im a Big fan of Fast sedans, that can handle and go fast, and this is basically the Original.

Sub Zero.

Not as cool as the E28 because of the engine and some crazy modern (for the time) features the E28 had. That said, this is more obscure and E12s in general are probably cooler than E28s and look cleaner so I have to give this a low SZ.

As luck would have it, I just saw one of these yesterday. Minus the stripes though, but it's still Cool. Old enough that people don't think you're just driving any old clunker around, but not too old to be taken over by the silly period-outfit crowd.

Back