GTP Cool Wall: 1983-1988 Nissan Fairlady Z/300ZX

  • Thread starter Thread starter GranTurismo916
  • 22 comments
  • 4,065 views

1983-1988 Nissan Fairlady Z/300ZX


  • Total voters
    99
  • Poll closed .
Messages
15,456
United States
Orange County, NY
Messages
GTP_GT916
Messages
Nii916
1983-1988 Nissan Fairlady Z/300ZX nominated by @Custom878
50thAE300ZX.JPG


Engines:
2.0L Turbo V6 (Nissan VQ20ET), 2.0L Turbo I6 (RB20DET), 3.0L SOHC V6 (VG30E), 3.0L DOHC V6 (VG30DE), 3.0L Turbo V6 (VG30ET)
Power: 153-225 hp
Torque: 159-246 lb-ft.
Weight: 1310-1525 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2+2 coupe​
Nissan300ZX(Z31turbo).jpg

Nissan-300ZX-Z31.jpg

1987-nissan-300zx-z31-pictures-and-sound-1.jpg

nissan_300zx_z31_4.jpg

1987-nissan-300zx-z31-pictures-and-sound.jpg

1989_nissan_300zx_2_dr_gs-pic-8664601663694528789.jpeg

Jason_l01.jpg
 
Hmm never Knew this had the RB20DET, that bumps it to cool.
 
I hear a lot of hate for this car because it was bigger than the past generations. It has a very nice '80s look and that is why I'm giving it a cool vote.
 
I always wanted one of these for my first car back when I was younger. Looks great in my eyes, and is rather performance worthy. SZ.
 
My least favorite generation of Nissan Z cars.

Meh.
 
Sure the Z-cars got progressively heavier over the years but so did most cars over the same period. Still not an overly heavy car and most models packed a fair bit of power, were no slouch. Looks good too, though gloriously 80s (which is fine by me). Much nicer than the later Z32 anyway. Solid high Cool.
 
The plain-flavoured Z. Though it did mark a slight return to form after the comparatively spiritless 280ZX.

Had to wait until '89 for the cool 300ZX though.
 
It's always been just a cool car.
 
I had a diecast one of these as a kid until I threw it at a wall and it disintegrated.
 
Lumpen and awkward styling. Not a 944. Uncool.
 
Based on how many times I heard people disliking this... I'm pretty surprised that many members voted it cool.

Glad I'm not alone...
 
I've always liked older Z car and I think they are fairly cool for the most part.
 
All I can think of when I see the Z31 is how many people will tell you you "should have bought a Z32".

Uncool.
 
"I just bought a 300ZX! It's pretty cool.


No, the other one."
 
On the bright side, it's not the fanboy-tastic twin-turbo 300ZX.

And it's not the compromised 280ZX, either.

But it's still Seriously Uncool.
 
I love these, such a timeless design.

Uncool.
 
Cool. So '80s with the T-top and pop up headlights (I'm guessing?)
 
I'm starting to see these get modified more often, and they look great when they are. But stock, they are pretty uncool. Give it a few years maybe.
 
Back