Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​

Porsche-944-Turbo-front.jpg
tn_DSC00154.JPG

1024px-1987_Porsche_944_Turbo.JPG
DSC_0314-1280x850.jpg

Last edited:
Had to go meh.

I like it simply because it was from a time when Porsche had more than one template for styling, but I don't think it's cool.

Last edited:
I prefer the naturally aspirated models but still a gets solid cool.

Last edited:
I've always liked it, but its status as the "cheap Porsche" means a lot of the ones around these parts are owned by seedy individuals. It's a shame, really: I feel it's really aged well now that even the youngest examples are 25 years old. There's something very appealing about that huge four too, knowing that it's the work of Porsche engineers.

It hurts, but I've got to vote Uncool.

Cool. An affordable Porsche that never really needed explaining, was pretty nice to drive, wasn't overly offensive, and wasn't super flashy.

As much as I like the car, I don't think it's cool. It's handsome in a sort of anonymous way, but it's just slightly too anonymous.

Meh.

Affordable, modern layman's Porsche with some poke, but harking back from when "sports cars" were still a thing. High Cool.

When I was 16 these were affordable enough (but not really) that I wanted one as a first car. I downgraded that goal to an NA 944, then a 924, and briefly a 914, but 914s are actually more valuable. Then I discovered E30s and how sensible of an idea that was by comparison. I'm sure my 318i treated me far better than a 944 would have, much less a 951.

I still long for a 944, and there are two around here that currently serve as lawn ornaments. I wonder if there are enough good parts between them to come up with a solid car.

It would perhaps be cooler, and it's certainly not Porsche's fault mind you, if everyone making a sporty RWD coupe in that decade (some much more than others) hadn't so slavishly ripped it off When it debuted at the beginning of the decade and offered somewhat similar experiences with their own spin.

Like, say, the FC.

It would perhaps be cooler, and it's certainly not Porsche's fault mind you, if everyone making a sporty RWD coupe in that decade (some much more than others) hadn't so slavishly ripped it off When it debuted at the beginning of the decade and offered somewhat similar experiences with their own spin.

Like, say, the FC.
Well, it is kind of Porsche's fault that they gave designers six years to rip off the 924's shape before developing it into the 944, and later developing it again into the 968. But what a great shape it is, including its imitators.

Probably way cooler when it came out than it is today, but I gave it a cool. When I was a kid my uncle had one and it was the coolest car in the world to me and it was the car that started my Porsche obsession.

All80sCoupes.jpeg aside, this is a great car. It looks fantastic and it's from that age when Porsche had stationery in their design office other than tracing paper. And it has pop-up headlights.

Cool

How to take a watery 2+2 that was formly screwed to the bottom of the Porsche barrel and develop it into some desirable Stuttgart steel without throwing the engine in the back. Or trying to cater to rich coke heads.

Cool.

The wide hip and shoulder bolsters, the low profile wing, the rear valance; it has lines that are both aggressive and elegant at the same time. Plus headlights go up headlights go down. I've had my foot in the Craigslist door for a good one for a while now. Sub-zero from me but I'm [extremely] biased.

I always wanted one as a first car because they are affordable and sporty, while being understated. It's not sensible as a first car but I love it. Very cool.

I always wanted one as a first car because they are affordable and sporty, while being understated. It's not sensible as a first car but I love it. Very cool.

Exactly why I nominated it.

Drat! Probably the closest I'll get to something I've owned (had a non-Turbo) being on the Cool Wall and I missed it.

:(

Back