Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door liftback​
image-jpg.319920

image-jpg.319922

1988_Toyota_Celica_All-Trac_Turbo.jpg

1988_Toyota_Celica_All-Trac_Turbo-interior.jpg

photos_toyota_celica_1988_1.jpg

Handsome, but nothing really distinguishes it unless you are into cars and rallying. I am a sucker for pop-up headlights though.

A low cool. An uncool car at the time but age has made it somewhat interesting.

Unfussy yet sporty '80s design with respectable performance.

It's Cool. But not quite ST185 cool. The curves have always given that a bit of an edge over the ST165.

Ruined by 19 year olds in lower spec Celicas, trying to race everything the roads, and adding stupid modifications to them, hoping it'd look cool. Seriously uncool.

Just old enough to have slipped from the clutches of morons into the hands of people who might care slightly more. In other words, just old enough to be a low cool.

Flip-up headlights, quite an alright design from the 80s, and my favorite; lack of silly boy racers in these things. Cool.

This was always the best looking of the rally Celicas, and it was before the AWD turbo arms race of the early 1990s to boot.

But it also was a replacement for the fantastic looking mini-Supra, and it suffers from the same problem the final Celica did where it had a great looking front end and then the designers gave up on the rear.

Quite like the lines on the Celica... it's a nice shape.

Hardly ever see them on the road anymore, and those I have seen have mostly been chavved :(

Low cool for a stock car.

The last 4WD Celica we got, amazing racing pedigree, rare as hen's teeth (finally saw my first last December,) and given that I'm a bit of a fanboy for 1980's and 1990's Japanese sports cars, screw you guys, I'm voting SZ!!! (Cartman voice there, not trying to be offensive...)

and...
Nothing cool about it.

SU.

makes me want to be able to unlike a post...

Holy body roll. I don't even think 60s Stangs were that bad (model
Depending)

Holy body roll.
If you look at the picture where the car looks like it has a lot of body roll carefully, you'll notice that the left wheels of the car are on a high curb, which exaggerates the impression of high amount of body roll.

if it were the st185 it'd be sub zero. I absolutely adore those things, and if they weren't so hard to find here as well as really expensive, I would have one right now.

Back