GTP Cool Wall: 1986-1990 Aston Martin V8 Zagato

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GranTurNismo, Sep 18, 2019.

?

1986-1990 Aston Martin V8 Zagato

Poll closed Sep 28, 2019.
  1. Sub-Zero

14.0%
  2. Cool

42.1%
  3. Meh

15.8%
  4. Uncool

22.8%
  5. Seriously Uncool

5.3%
  1. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

1986-1990 Aston Martin V8 Zagato nominated by @Turbo

[​IMG]

Body Style:
    2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
    Engine: 5.3L V8
    Power: 432hp
    Torque: 395 lb-ft
    Weight: 1650kg
    Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
    Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
    Additional Information: 89 were built in total (52 coupes, 37 convertibles), could reach 190mph stock, 0-60 time was in the mid-4s, sold for $157,000-$171,000.

05XR8 and Snikle like this.
  2. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Sub Zero. Just look how badass it looks! It's an absolutely stunning design, in a truly British fashion. The V8 Zagato's sheer exclusivity and lack of mention amongst car enthusiasts only adds too it's coolness.

05XR8 likes this.
  3. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

It's like something you'd see in the thumbnail of those awful clickbait ads that lead you to a sketchy website that gives your computer digital herpes. "The car Aston Martin wants you to forget about".

When you think Aston, you think of flowing, elegant cars. This looks like a Minecraft mod.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  4. Snikle

Snikle

I love these. I mean, I love most cars like this from the Italian design houses, and this one is no exception. Sure it looks a little weird, but that's the charm. And the Volantes have the much better front end. Sub Zero

5. All Your Base

All Your Base

Nowhere near as cool as the car it was based off of, but it still has a quirky charm that I can’t help but give a low Sub-Zero to this car to.

6. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

Nails my litmus test on 80's high end cars (Does it look like it should come standard with a kilo of cocaine in the glovebox?), on the fence between SZ and C, leaned cool only because I had to pick one or another.

7. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

Oh, my, God.

8. kikie

kikie Premium

Definitely a Meh for me. I don't like how the car looks and wouldn't turn my head if I saw one IRL.

bremics likes this.
  9. Murcie_LP640

Murcie_LP640

Looks like a Vortex/Alcyone with the front end lopped off it. And that convertible version is laughable. Uncool.

10. ZGBox

ZGBox

Well, it doesn't look like an Aston and it looks like an early '80's japanese coupé, but it's cool in a way.

11. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Sub-zero, one of the few cars that gets away with having a plastic front end.

12. Stotty

Stotty Premium

A pretty rubbish standard car, made even more rubbish by Zagato.

VXR likes this.
  13. Liquid

Liquid Premium

But Zagato is Italian and completely changed how it looks.

The normal Vantage is a stunner. I don't subscribe to the Zagato fan club and this looks like a Playmobil car from a kid's playset.

14. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

In my mind it looks like a Fiero Kit car.

Uncool.

15. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Oh, wow, I didn't know that... :lol:

Personally I don't feel that it resembles the styling of Italian supercars of it's era despite it being designed by an Italian style-house, and isn't too far off from the "normal" V8 Vantage, which is why I said "in a truly British fashion", though per usual I could've worded that post so it sounded less confusing. Hope that clears it up.

16. CyborgGT

CyborgGT

Nowadays the looks have a bit of a weird charm, but it still looks like something a stereotypical computer nerd of the time would drive if only it were affordable. Uncool.

VXR likes this.
  17. 05XR8

05XR8

Sub Zero. It's my Mad Max end of the world apocalypse ride. Loved this car since I saw it in the Road & Track Exotic Cars magazine.

18. mustafur

mustafur

It looks like an Italian coupe of the era, not very Aston like at all, but I don't mind the compact proportions and this thing is very powerful for the time.

Low Cool.