GTP Cool Wall: 1986-1990 Aston Martin V8 Zagato

1986-1990 Aston Martin V8 Zagato

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sub Zero. Just look how badass it looks! It's an absolutely stunning design, in a truly British fashion. The V8 Zagato's sheer exclusivity and lack of mention amongst car enthusiasts only adds too it's coolness.

It's like something you'd see in the thumbnail of those awful clickbait ads that lead you to a sketchy website that gives your computer digital herpes. "The car Aston Martin wants you to forget about".

When you think Aston, you think of flowing, elegant cars. This looks like a Minecraft mod.

Last edited:
I love these. I mean, I love most cars like this from the Italian design houses, and this one is no exception. Sure it looks a little weird, but that's the charm. And the Volantes have the much better front end. Sub Zero

Nowhere near as cool as the car it was based off of, but it still has a quirky charm that I can’t help but give a low Sub-Zero to this car to.

Nails my litmus test on 80's high end cars (Does it look like it should come standard with a kilo of cocaine in the glovebox?), on the fence between SZ and C, leaned cool only because I had to pick one or another.

Definitely a Meh for me. I don't like how the car looks and wouldn't turn my head if I saw one IRL.

Well, it doesn't look like an Aston and it looks like an early '80's japanese coupé, but it's cool in a way.

an absolutely stunning design, in a truly British fashion.

But Zagato is Italian and completely changed how it looks.

The normal Vantage is a stunner. I don't subscribe to the Zagato fan club and this looks like a Playmobil car from a kid's playset.

But Zagato is Italian and completely changed how it looks.
Oh, wow, I didn't know that... :lol:

Personally I don't feel that it resembles the styling of Italian supercars of it's era despite it being designed by an Italian style-house, and isn't too far off from the "normal" V8 Vantage, which is why I said "in a truly British fashion", though per usual I could've worded that post so it sounded less confusing. Hope that clears it up.

Nowadays the looks have a bit of a weird charm, but it still looks like something a stereotypical computer nerd of the time would drive if only it were affordable. Uncool.

Sub Zero. It's my Mad Max end of the world apocalypse ride. Loved this car since I saw it in the Road & Track Exotic Cars magazine.

It looks like an Italian coupe of the era, not very Aston like at all, but I don't mind the compact proportions and this thing is very powerful for the time.

Low Cool.

Back