Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1991-1993 BMW / Italdesign Nazca M12 / C2 / C2 Spider nominated by @ThrasherDBS

tumblr_mpmw82iFAK1qkqupno1_1280.jpg

Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door spider
Engine: 5.0 L BMW V12 Twin-turbocharged
Power: 300hp (M12), 350hp (C2), 380hp (C2 Spider)
Torque: 332 ft-lb (M12), 347 ft-lb (C2), 385 ft-lb (C2 Spider)
Weight: 1100 kg (M12), 1000 kg (C2), Unknown (C2 Spider)
Transmission: 5-speed manual (M12 & C2), 6-speed manual (C2 Spider)
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Info: The Nazca M12 (right) was the first concept car designed by Fabrizio Giugiaro, son of Giorgetto Giugiaro. The body dome of the car was a continual windshield held in place by a joining rollbar and the connecting structure. This allowed 360 degrees of visibility from within the car. Later in 1991, the M12 was slightly redesigned into the C2 (left). Alpina improved the engine, bringing up the power output. The front spoiler was lowered, three rear spoilers were added, and the track was widened to improve manuverability and stability. The spider variant (center) was introduced in 1993, which removed the side and rear windows. (Though, they could be quickly refitted in the event of bad weather.) Alpina further improved the engine and a six-speed gearbox replaced the five-speed.​

Nazca M12
1991-bmw-nazca-m12.jpg
1991-bmw-nazca-m12-3.jpg
c5e0f_coverimage.jpg.0x497_q85_detail.jpg

Nazca C2

4146866920_f449ac6328.jpg
bmw_nazca_c2_6.jpg
1991_ItalDesign_BMW_Nazca_M12_Interior_01.jpg

Nazca C2 Spider
bmw_nazca_c2_spider_2.jpg

Having a sports car with a 360 degree wraparound windshield kinda harkens back to the 1950's and 1960's concept of what "cars of the future" would look like. I feel this is a good implementation of that idea, and on such a sleek and elegant car too. I really like Italdesign, and this car is one of the reasons for that.

Cool.

I don't normally vote for concept cars, as they aren't really cars in my eyes. But this car was one of my favorites in the aforementioned Need for Speed II SE, which was one the first racing games I ever played. That game helped launch my love of cars in the first place. I'd say SZ, but being a concept drops my vote to cool.

It's certainly one of the more whimsical lookin 90's supercars. The performance is good enough to mKe up for that.

Cool.

Side Note: Am I the only one here who's never played NFS II SE?

Concept Cars - Cars that manufacturers (usually) aren't brave enough to make.
Concept Cars - Cars that should how imaginative car makers can be when they want to be, so why do they usually produce boring or ugly cars for us to buy.

If BMW had produced this - then it'd be Cool, maybe SZ
But they didn't - so its uncool

I actually really like how the Nazca C2 looks like and kind of wish that BMW had made at least a limited production run of it.

But concept car and the other "I don't get it so you shouldn't do it..." reasons. Seriously Uncool.

One my all time favourite concept cars from that glorious decade for concepts. The 19-goddamn-90s.

Seriously Uncool

It is because it is a concept car. Usually that means few outside the car world will even know what it is. This one got exposure, virtually anyway. I like it, I think concept cars and race cars should be judged among themselves. Among the company of cars I can attain myself possibly it is hard to realistically call it a cool "car".

A cool concept, but a seriously uncool car. Took me a while for that to sink in fully. But it has to be that way. If we had a Concept cool wall this car would be Ice Box worthy.

Pretty cool-looking. That said, it looks like it's gone overboard a little, like the Devel Sixteen at a lesser extent.

Uncool.

Oh, and @WeThePeople, I haven't played NFSII either.

Not sure if it makes any difference to the SUBCC gang, but there's at least one of these on the road, as someone snapped one in the DYSAGT? thread a while back. Anyway, solid Cool from me. I'd like a little more power, but it's pretty light, so I guess no slouch.

Not sure if it makes any difference to the SUBCC gang, but there's at least one of these on the road, as someone snapped one in the DYSAGT? thread a while back. Anyway, solid Cool from me. I'd like a little more power, but it's pretty light, so I guess no slouch.

Taking a search through DYSAGT threads, there was a sighting of the Italdesign Aztec on the street, but the Nazca has only been seen at Goodwood in 2010.

Latest Posts

Back